Focal Celestee Headphones User Manual : In this guide, we will review the user manual of Focal Celestee Headphones.
Focal Celestee Headphones User Manual
|Type||Circum-aural closed-back headphones|
|Sensitivity||105dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz|
|THD||0.1% @ 1kHz / 100 dB SPL|
|Frequency response||5Hz – 23kHz|
|Loudspeaker||1.6″ Aluminum-Magnesium “M” shape dome|
|Cable provided||• 1 x 4ft OFC 24 AWG cable with 1/8″ TRS Jack connector|
• 1 x Jack adapter, 1/8″ female – 1/4″ male
|Carrying case provided||913/16″x97/16″x43/4″|
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
We recommend thoroughly reading all the instructions in this manual, and that you keep it somewhere safe for future reference.
IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- READ these instructions.
- KEEP these instructions.
- RESPECT all the warnings.
- FOLLOW all the instructions.
- In order to avoid damaging your hearing, do not listen to headphones at high volumes for extended periods of time. Listening to a portable stereo at high volumes can cause damage to the user’s ears and may lead to hearing problems (temporary or permanent deafness, buzzing in the ears, tinnitus, hyperacusis). It is strongly advised not to listen to a portable stereo at full volume or for more than one hour per day at an average volume. Don’t use the headphones continuously, take frequent breaks. Pay particular attention to children and teenagers who use these devices at a younger age and often at excessive volume.
- If you begin to hear buzzing or ringing in the ears (tinnitus), experience a loss of hearing or ‘muffled’ hearing, stop using the headphones immediately. If the symptoms continue after a few hours, consult an ENT doctor immediately. In some cases, immediate treatment may avoid permanent hearing problems. Exposure to excessive volumes (over 85dB) for more than one hour can cause irreparable damage to your hearing.
- Set the volume to minimum before connecting your Focal headphones, then turn up the volume. Once the headphones are in place, gradually increase the volume to a comfortable and reasonable level. Always use the headphones with the protective ear cushions or tips.
- NEVER drive a vehicle (car, motorbike, boat…) or ride a bike while wearing the headphones. Not only is this behaviour dangerous, it is also illegal. In some countries, a breach of the highway code for driving without due care and attention (if the driver’s concentration is reduced in any way) may result in a penalty. We advise against wearing the headphones while riding a bike, running, walking or carrying out any other activities in busy places. If you do wear the headphones in such places, set to a low volume so you can hear surrounding noises, including horns, alarms and warning signals. Generally speaking, reducing your chances of hearing surrounding noises poses a threat to yourself and to others.
- NEVER use the headphones as ear defenders.
- If you feel the headphones heat up or if there is a loss of the audio signal, remove the headphones and disconnect immediately.
- Do not install the device close to a heat source such as a radiator, cooker, heat vent or any other appliance (including amplifiers) that gives out heat.
- Never leave your headphones exposed to humidity and never submerge them in water.
- The headphones do not require any particular cleaning. If necessary, clean with a dry, soft duster. Do not use cleaning products containing solvents.
- Entrust any repairs or maintenance to a qualified professional. Repair or maintenance may be required in case of any kind of damage (spillages, damaged cable, exposure to rain, if the device is dropped etc.).
- Only connect this product to devices with a headphone output. If you are not sure about the type of device, ask your retailer.
- Only use accessories recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not obstruct any openings. Never insert any objects into the openings.
- Do not attempt to repair this device yourself. Contact a qualified professional for all maintenance work.
- Do not use this device in tropical climates.
- If the device has been transported from a cold environment to a warm environment, make sure no condensation has accumulated before connecting the cable.
Do not make any modifications to the system or to the accessories. Any unauthorised modifications may put you in danger, be illegal or reduce the performance of the device.
This device contains the products listed in the table, and may pose a risk of:
- suffocation (do not give the device to children less than 3 years of age);
- fire or electrocution (do not expose the device to rain or moisture, or any other liquid).
This product contains magnetic components and generates a magnetic field which may cause interference with pacemakers or implantable cardioverter-defibrillators. Consult your doctor if you have any questions about the effect these components may have on an implanted medical device.
- 1 x Celestee headphones
- 1 x carrying case
- 1 x 4ft OFC 24 AWG cable with asymmetrical 1/8″ TRS Jack connector
- 1 x Jack adapter, 1/8″ female – 1/4″ male
- 1 x user manual
- 1 x brand content
Connecting the headphones
Each extremity of the cable has an indicator: «L» for left and «R» for right (fig. 1). Make sure you connect each end of the cable to the correct headphone inputs which are also labelled «L» and «R» on the underside of the ear-pieces next to the connectors (fig. 2).
You can store your headphones in the carrying case. You simply have to disconnect the cable and store it in the case in the intended compartment (fig. 3).
Care and maintenance
It is advisable to clean your headphones regularly to limit wear and tear. To do so, we recommend using a clean, dry lint-free cloth. After much use, wear marks may be visible on the ear cushions. In this case, if you wish to, the ear cushions can be replaced. Ask your local Focal retailer for replacement parts. The ear cushions are easy to unclip by pulling them, and to clip back into place by pushing them back onto the earpieces, making sure the 5 pins are correctly in place (fig. 4).
Conditions of warranty
All Focal products are covered by warranty drawn up by the official Focal distributor in your country. Your distributor can provide all details concerning the conditions of warranty. Warranty cover extends at least to that granted by the legal warranty in force in the country where the original purchase invoice was issued.
- These headphones require a running-in period in order to operate at their best.
- They will run themselves in naturally after several hours of listening time.
- If you want to speed up the process, we recommend playing very bassy music through them for at least 24 hours at a relatively high volume.
- This will stabilise the speaker drivers and allow you to get the very best out of your headphones.