We have Insignia headphones manual here. So here we will review the Insignia RF NS-HAWHP2 Wireless Headphones User Guide.
Insignia RF NS-HAWHP2 Wireless Headphones User Guide
Safety information . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3
Features . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4
Setting up your system. . . . . . . . . . . . . 8
Using your system . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .15
Understanding indicator lights . . . . . . 17
Maintaining your system . . . . . . . . . . . .17
Troubleshooting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 18
Specifications . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .20
Legal notices. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20
ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY . . . . . . . 22
WARNING: To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this system to rain or moisture.
- Read these instructions.
- Keep these instructions.
- Heed all warnings.
- Follow all instructions.
- Do not use this system near water.
- Clean only with a dry cloth.
- Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third prong is provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, power outlets, and the point where they exit from the system.
- Only use attachments or accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- Unplug this system during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
- Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is required when the system has been damaged in any way, such as power-supply cord or plug is damaged, liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the system, the system has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
- To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this system to rain or moisture.
- The shock hazard marking and associated graphical symbol are provided on the supplied AC adapter.
- The system shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and objects filled with liquids should not be placed on the system.
- The AC plug or AC adapter is used as the disconnect device. The disconnect device shall remain readily available.
- Excessive sound pressure from headphones can cause hearing loss.
- Batteries (battery pack and batteries installed) should not be exposed to excessive heat such as sunshine or fire.
- Do not place any conductive material on the docking station to avoid short circuits involving the charging pins.
- Strong 2.40 Ghz digital wireless signal reaches up to 33 ft (10 m)
- Built-in lithium-ion battery recharges on a convenient docking station
- Over-the-ear design with adjustable headband provides a secure fit
- Analog and digital audio inputs provide multiple connection options
- Digital optional input gives you the best sound quality
- Lightweight construction for comfortable wear
- Works with all your audio components (TV, CD/DVD player, A/V receiver)
Examine the contents of the box for your digital wireless stereo headphones. The box should contain:
- Headphones and docking station
- AC adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- RCA audio cable
- 3.5 mm-to-RCA adapter cable
- Digital optical audio cable
Note: The RCA audio and 3.5 mm-to-RCA adapter cables are connected together in the box.
|1||Power/Pairing indicator (red/blue):|
• Blue – stays on if the headphone and docking station are
paired. Blinks if the headphone and docking station are pairing.
• Red – blinks three times a minute if the headphone batteries
are low. Lights when the batteries are charging.
|2||Headphone (power) button (on right earpiece). Press and release|
to turn the headphones on. Press and hold (for more than two
seconds) to turn the headphones off.
|3||Volume Up (+) button. Press to increase the volume|
|4||Volume Down (–) button. Press to decrease the volume.|
|5||Input source button. Press to change audio sources.|
• Turns red when the headphones are charging.
• Turns green when the headphones are charged.
Pairing indicator (blue):
• Stays on if the headphones and docking station are paired.
• Blinks if the headphones and docking station are pairing.
|2||Input source button. Press to switch between audio input sources.|
|3||RCA source indicator. Lights when the RCA input source is selected|
|5||OPTICAL source indicator. Lights when the digital optical source is selected.|
Docking station back
|1||AUDIO IN jacks (L and R). Connect a TV or other sound source to|
|2||AUDIO OUT jacks (L and R). Optional. Connect to a stereo system or|
other audio device.
|3||DIGITAL OPTICAL IN. Connect a digital optical cable to this jack|
|4||DC 5V jack. Connect the AC adapter to this jack.|
Setting up your system
Step 1- Powering the docking station
- To avoid risk of fire and to prevent damage, only use the AC adapter supplied with your wireless headphones. Make sure that the AC power outlet matches the AC adapter’s 100-240V before making the connection.
Connect one end of the AC adapter to the docking station’s DC IN jack and
the other end to a power outlet. The PAIRING indicator blinks blue while
it searches for a connection.
- Standby mode: Press and hold Input Source for more than 10 seconds to put the docking station in standby mode.
- Normal mode: Press Input Source to turn on the docking station. The indicators turn solid red while the headphones are charging.
Step 2 – Charging the headphones
Important: Before using the wireless headphones for the first time, make sure that the batteries are fully charged, which can take up to four hours. The docking station’s Charging indicator turns solid green when the batteries are fully charged.
- Make sure that the AC adapter is connected to the docking station and the docking station’s LEDs (red, blue, or green round source button and/or white source indicators) are active.
- Place the headphones onto the docking station. Make sure that the headphone charging contacts and the docking station charging pins make contact by aligning the arrows (as shown below) when you put the headphones in the charging station.
The docking station’s Charging indicator turns solid red to indicate the headphones are charging. The headphones’ power/pairing indicator also turns red.
When the headphones are fully charged (up to two hours), the docking station’s Charging indicator turns solid green. The headphone LED turns off.
When the headphone battery charge is low, the Power/Pairing indicator on the headphones blinks red three times every minute. A beep tone also sounds prior to the batteries being exhausted.
- It can take up to two hours to charge the headphone batteries. When fully charged, the headphone batteries will last up to ten hours with continuous use (depending on the headphone volume level and distance from the docking station.
- The headphones cannot be charged when the docking station is turned off.
- If the charge on the headphone batteries is low, the Power/Pairing indicator on the headphones blinks red. You should charge the headphones.
- The headphones will automatically power off if the battery is not charged after emitting a low-battery warning.
Step 3 – Connecting the headphone docking station
Note: Do not connect the RCA cables to the AV jacks on the back of your TV. AV jacks are for video and audio INPUT, not audio OUTPUT.
Look at the ports on your audio source device, such as a TV, stereo system, home theater, smartphone, computer, or tablet to identify your audio OUT ports. Choose the connection option below that fits your audio source device.
Option A – Digital OPTICAL connection
- Connect one end of a digital optical cable into the DIGITAL OPTICAL IN port on the docking station.
- Plug the other end of the digital optical cable into the digital optical output port on a TV, stereo system, home theater, or other audio source.
- Press (input source) on the headphones or dock to change the input to OPTICAL. The OPTICAL source indicator on the base lights white.
Note: You cannot change the input source while the headphones are on the dock
Tip: To activate the Optical output on your TV, you may need to change the audio
output settings. Refer to your TV’s user guide for more information.
Option B – RCA connection
- Connect one end of the RCA cable to the red and white AUDIO IN ports on the docking station.
- Connect the other end into the red and white AUDIO OUT ports on your audio source device.
- Press (input source) on the headphones or dock to change the input to RCA. The RCA source indicator on the base lights white
Note: You cannot change the input source while the headphones are on the dock
Option C – 3.5 mm connection
- Plug one end of the RCA cable (included) into the AUDIO IN ports on the docking station, red to red and white to white.
- Connect the other end of the RCA cable into the red and white connectors on the 3.5 mm-to-RCA adapter cable (included).
- Connect the 3.5 mm end of the 3.5 mm-to-RCA adapter cable into the 3.5 mm headphone jack on your audio source.
- Press (input source) on the headphones or dock to change the input to RCA. The RCA source indicator on the base lights white.
Note: You cannot change the input source while the headphones are on the dock.
Option D – Multiple Connections (Optional)
If your audio source device (a TV in the example shown) only has one audio output, but you want to connect it to both the docking station and a stereo system or home theater, do this.
- Connect one end of the RCA cable (included) to the red and white AUDIO IN ports on the docking station.
- Connect the other end into the red and white audio out ports on your audio source device
- Connect one end of another RCA cable (not included) to the red and white AUDIO OUT ports on the docking station.
- Connect the other end into the red and white audio in ports on your stereo system or home theater. The audio should now play through your home theater speakers (check the manual for your home theater system to activate its RCA inputs).
- Press (input source) on the headphones or dock to change the input to RCA. The source indicator on the base lights white to show which source is selected.
Note: Use the 3.5mm-to-RCA cable adapter to connect to a headphone jack, if
Note: You cannot change the input source while the headphones are on the dock.
Using your system
Turning on and pairing the system
- 1 The docking station is turned on by plugging in the AC adapter. The Power/Pairing indicator on the docking station blinks (blue).
- To turn on your headphones: Press and hold (power) on the right earpiece for two seconds. OR If the headphones are on the base, lift them off. The Power/Pairing indicator on headphone lights solid blue.
- When the Power/Pairing indicator on the headphones and the Pairing indicator on the docking station both light solid blue, a active link is established between the headphones and the docking station. The system is now on and ready to use.
Note: Auto pairing takes 2-20 seconds.
Note: If the charge on the headphone batteries is low, the Power/Pairing indicator on the headphones blinks red (three times a minute) and beeps (twice a minute). When this happens, you should charge the headphones. For instructions, see “Using your system“ on page 15.
If the power indicators on the headphones and docking station continue to blink once a second, they are no longer paired to each other. If this happens, follow these steps:
- Make sure that the headphones and docking station are within range of each other (ideally in the same room).
- Turn off the headphones and unplug the docking station.
- Turn on the headphones and plug in the docking station. The blue LEDs on the headphones and docking station will blink fast when pairing.
Listening to your headphones
- Turn on the headphones and docking station. Make sure that your docking station and headphones are paired. See “Turning on and pairing the system” on page 15.
- Set the headphone volume level to the minimum.
- Put your headphones on your head. Adjust the fit until you feel comfortable.
- Turn on your audio source (such as a TV or stereo system) and begin playback. You may need to turn up the volume on your audio source to hear playback.
- Adjust the headphone volume to your normal listening level.
CAUTION: Continuous use at high volume may permanently damage your hearing.
- If the system is connected to a TV, you may want to turn off the TV sound to prevent hearing sound from the TV speakers. Refer to your TV manual.
- If the docking station does not have audio input for more than 15 minutes, the headphones will power off automatically.
- If the headphones are unpaired from the docking station for more than 15 minutes, the headphones will power off automatically.
Turning off the system
Note: It’s important to turn the headphones off when not in use to conserve the
battery. OR, if you prefer, you can leave them on as long as they are placed in the
- Press and hold (more than two seconds) the (power) button on the headphones.
- Disconnect the AC power adapter to turn off the docking station.
Understanding indicator lights
|Solid blue||The headphones are paired to the dock.|
|Blinks blue||Searching for a connection.|
|Solid red||The headphones are charging.|
|Solid green||The headphones are fully charged.|
|LED off||Headphones’ power/pairing LED:|
• If not on the dock, the headphones are
turned off, or
• If on the dock, the headphones are fully
Dock charging LED:
• The headphones are turned off and not
on the dock, or
• The dock is not connected to power.
|Solid white||An input source is selected (RCA or OPTICAL). Note: You must remove the headphones from|
the dock to select a source.
|Headphones’ LED blinks red 3 times every minute||The headphones’ battery is low. Place your|
headphones on the dock to charge.
Maintaining your system
With the docking station unplugged and the headphones turned off, use
a soft cloth dampened with a weak solution of mild detergent and water.
Dry the device immediately afterwards with a clean cloth. Do not use
abrasive cloth, thinners, alcohol, or other chemical solvents, because they
may damage the finish or remove the panel lettering.
Check this list for a possible solution before calling for service.
|No power||• Make sure that the batteries have been charged.|
• Try power cycling the docking station by
unplugging it and plugging it back in.
• Try another power outlet.
|My headphones are not|
|• Make sure that the headphone’s charging contacts|
and the docking station’s charging pins make
contact. You might have to rock them back and
forth to make a good connection. The docking
station Charging indicator turns red to indicate the
headphones are charging.
|There is no sound||• Check the volume level of the headphones or audio|
sources connected to the docking station.
• Make sure that all of the cables are connected
correctly and that the cables are not connected to
the AV input jacks on your TV, or the AV Output
jacks of the docking station.
• Make sure that your source device is turned on.
• Make sure that the Power/Pairing indicators of the
headphones and Pairing indicator on the docking
station turn solid blue (see “Turning on and pairing
the system” on page 15.)
• Make sure that the audio source has internal/
external speaker settings that allow the internal
speakers to be turned off and for the sound to be
heard from the external source (your headphones).
• Make sure that your audio source is not set to Mute.
• To maximize your volume level through the system,
make sure that your audio source (for example, a TV
or MP3 player) has its volume turned up to at least
50% of its volume level.
|There is sound|
|• Move the docking station slowly to find the best|
reception position for your headphones.
• Shorten the distance between your headphones
and the docking station. The maximum distance is
33 feet (10 m), but walls and other obstructions will
limit this distance.
• Make sure that all of the cables are connected
• It is possible that other devices like cordless
phones, microwaves, or wireless routers may be
causing interference. Try turning one device off at a
time to determine which device is causing
• If your cordless phone or wireless router is causing
interference, try changing the channel it is using.
Also, try moving the docking station away from all
WiFi routers, cordless phones, cell phones, Smart
TVs, and microwave ovens. Refer to your device’s
|There is sound coming|
from the audio source
|• Turn off the internal speakers of your audio sound|
source. Contact the manufacturer of the audio
sound source, such as your TV, for support.
|• Make sure that the AC adapter is connected to the|
• Make sure the headphone batteries are charged.
• Make sure that the Power/Pairing indicator on the
headphones and Pairing indicator on the docking
station are on. If they are lit solidly blue, a
communication link has been successfully
established between the system. If they are
blinking on one or both devices, see “Turning on
and pairing the system” on page 15.
|Cannot pair the|
|• Shorten the distance between the docking station|
and your headphones.
• Make sure that the docking station is in pairing
• Turn on the docking station, then place the
headphones onto the station. They will enter
autopairing mode (this may take 2-20 seconds).
Tip: If the power indicators on the headphones and docking
station continue to blink after 20 seconds, they are no longer
paired to each other. If this happens, follow these steps:
1 Make sure that the headphones and docking station are
within range of each other (ideally in the same room).
2 Turn off the headphones and the docking station.
3 Turn on both the headphones and the docking station.
The lights will initially blink, then they light solid blue
|Headphone dimensions (H x W x D)||7.5 x 3.0 x 6.7 in. (191.2 x 76.8 x 171.2 mm|
dimensions (H x W x D)
|8.5 x 3.8 x 4.7 in. (214.7 x 96.5 x 119.9 mm)|
|Input||AC 100-240V~ 50/60 Hz 0.3 A|
|Battery life||Up to 10 hours|
|Range||33 feet (10 m)|
|Charging time||2 hours|
|Audio resolution||48 kHz @ 16 bits|
|Audio Source Ports||Analog: RCA|
Digital: Optical PCM (does not support DTS and
FCC and IC Information:
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s). Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital
device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct
the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
Warning: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This equipment complies with Industry Canada radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontolled environment. This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.
Information for Users on Disposal of Old Equipment
This symbol indicates that the electrical and electronic equipment should not be disposed as general household waste at its end-of-life. Instead, the product should be handed over to the applicable collection point for the recycling in accordance with your national legislation. By disposing of this product correctly, you will help to conserve natural resources and will help prevent potential negative effects on the environment and human health that could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of this product. For more information about collection point and recycling of this product, please contact your local municipal office, your household waste disposal service, or the shop where you purchased the product. Penalties may be applicable for incorrect disposal of this waste, in accordance with national legislation.
Other Countries Outside the European Union
If you wish to dispose of this product, please do so in accordance with applicable national legislation or other rules in your country for the treatment of old electrical and electronic equipment.
ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
The Distributor* of Insignia branded products warrants to you, the original purchaser of this new Insignia-branded product (“Product”), that the Product shall be free of defects in the original manufacturer of the material or workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of your
purchase of the Product (“Warranty Period”). For this warranty to apply, your Product must be purchased in the United States or Canada from a
Best Buy branded retail store or online at www.bestbuy.com or www.bestbuy.ca and is packaged with this warranty statement.
How long does the coverage last?
The Warranty Period lasts for 1 year (365 days) from the date you purchased the Product. Your purchase date is printed on the receipt you received with the Product.
What does this warranty cover?
During the Warranty Period, if the original manufacture of the material or workmanship of the Product is determined to be defective by an authorized Insignia repair center or store personnel, Insignia will (at its sole option): (1) repair the Product with new or rebuilt parts; or (2) replace the Product at no charge with new or rebuilt comparable products or parts. Products and parts replaced under this warranty become the property of Insignia and are not returned to you. If service of Products or parts are required after the Warranty Period expires, you must pay all labor and parts charges. This warranty lasts as long as you own your Insignia Product during the Warranty Period. Warranty coverage terminates if you sell or otherwise transfer the Product.
How to obtain warranty service?
If you purchased the Product at a Best Buy retail store location or from a Best Buy online website (www.bestbuy.com or www.bestbuy.ca), please take your original receipt and the Product to any Best Buy store. Make sure that you place the Product in its original packaging or packaging that provides the same amount of protection as the original packaging. To obtain warranty service, in the United States and Canada call 1-877-467-4289. Call agents may diagnose and correct the issue over the phone.
Where is the warranty valid?
This warranty is valid only in the United States and Canada at Best Buy branded retail stores or websites to the original purchaser of the product in the country where the original purchase was made.
What does the warranty not cover?
This warranty does not cover:
• Food, beverage, and or medicine loss/spoilage.
• Customer instruction/education
• Set up adjustments
• Cosmetic damage
• Damage due to weather, lightning, and other acts of God, such as power surges
• Accidental damage
• Commercial purposes/use, including but not limited to use in a place of business or in communal areas of a multiple dwelling condominium or apartment complex, or otherwise used in a place of other than a private home.
• Modification of any part of the Product, including the antenna
• Display panel damaged by static (non-moving) images applied for lengthy periods (burn-in).
• Damage due to incorrect operation or maintenance
• Connection to an incorrect voltage or power supply
• Attempted repair by any person not authorized by Insignia to service the Product
• Products sold “as is” or “with all faults”
• Consumables, including but not limited to batteries (i.e. AA, AAA, C etc.)
• Products where the factory applied serial number has been altered or removed
• Loss or Theft of this product or any part of the product
• Display panels containing up to three (3) pixel failures (dots that are dark or incorrectly
illuminated) grouped in an area smaller than one tenth (1/10) of the display size or up to five (5)
pixel failures throughout the display. (Pixel based displays may contain a limited number of
pixels that may not function normally.)
• Failures or Damage caused by any contact including but not limited to liquids, gels or pastes.
REPAIR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. INSIGNIA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR THE BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON THIS PRODUCT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST DATA, LOSS OF USE OF YOUR PRODUCT, LOST BUSINESS OR
LOST PROFITS. INSIGNIA PRODUCTS MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT, ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH
ABOVE AND NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WILL APPLY AFTER THE WARRANTY PERIOD. SOME STATES, PROVINCES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH
VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR PROVINCE TO PROVINCE.
INSIGNIA is a trademark of Best Buy and its affiliated companies.
*Distributed by Best Buy Purchasing, LLC
7601 Penn Ave South, Richfield, MN 55423 U.S.A
©2022 Best Buy. All rights reserved.
- Product Page – Click here
- Download User Guide – Click Here
- Download Quick Set up Guide – Click here
- Warranty – Click Here