If you are searching for Jaybird Freedom 2 Wireless Headphones User Manual then this is the right place for you.
Jaybird Freedom 2 Wireless Headphones User Manual
|Bluetooth Version||4.1, Multipoint|
|Codec||AAC, SBC, Modified SBC|
|Profile||Handsfree, Headset, A2DP, AVCRP, SPP|
|Effective Range||10 meters (30 feet)|
|Play Time||4 Hrs + additional 4 Hrs with included charging clip*|
|Standby Time||110 Hrs*|
|Power||Bluetooth headset: 5.0V , 0.5A|
|Charging Time||2.5 Hrs|
|Quick Charge||20 Min = 1 Hr play time|
|Dimensions||23.4 x 22.4 mm x 6.2 mm|
|Weight||Approx 15.15 g|
IN THE BOX
- FREEDOM 2 Bluetooth Headphones
- Charging Clip / Battery Pack
- USB Charging Cable
- 4 Pairs Silicone Tip / Fin Combos
- Shirt Clip
- Carry Pouch
recommend you charge your buds through any 5V 500mA USB power source. Wall/car adapters/chargers that supply more than 5.5 Volt will damage your Jaybird buds and should not be used.
A. Take your included charge clip and USB cable and plug it into a USB power source.
B. The red LED will show when charging, and will turn to green when fully charged.
- 2.5 hours charging gives
- 4 hours of playtime.
- 20 mins charging gives
- 1 hour of play time
When not playing music, pressing Volume + or Volume – will announce the battery level.*
The LED will indicate a single green flash for more than 10% battery remaining and a single red flash when below 10%.
Your phone and the MySound App will also indicate battery status.
A. On your phone/music device, turn Bluetooth on and ensure it is actively searching for Bluetooth devices.
B. With your FREEDOM 2 turned off, press and hold the Power Button until you see the LED flashing red/ green. A voice prompt will say “SEARCHING FOR YOUR MUSIC DEVICE”.
C. Select “Jaybird FREEDOM 2” in C the list of discovered devices.
D. FREEDOM 2 voice prompt will say: “HEADPHONES CONNECTED”. You are now ready to listen to your music.
If the pairing is not successful, switch off your buds by pressing the Power Button until you hear “POWER OFF” and repeat the steps outlined above.
NOTE: When you turn your FREEDOM 2 buds on for the first time or after a reset, they will be in pairing mode.
FINDING YOUR PERFECT FIT
FINDING THE RIGHT SIZED FIN/TIP COMBO
A. With the medium-sized fin/tip combo attached, place your buds firmly within your ear while in the under-ear position. The inline remote should be on the right side.
B. If your buds are not comfortable, or feel loose, try alternative sized fin/tip combos. Be patient, it may take some time to get the perfect fit.
C. Slightly pinch the eartip with your index finger and thumb. This helps create suction for a better hold.
D. Once you are happy with D the fit, you are good to go.
The fin/tip combo is installed so the point of the fin is above the headphones and cable. When in the ear, the cable comes straight down towards the bottom of the ear and the point of the fin is nestled in your ear.
The fin/tip combo is installed so the point of the fin is above the headphones and
pointing at the cable. When the ear, the cable goes towards the front of the ear and wraps up and over the ear, then back down at the back of the ear. This ensures the weight of the cable is being supported by your ears and provides the most secure fit.
SPEEDFIT CORD MANAGEMENT
Adjust the SpeedFit cord clips to tighten the cables and secure it against the back of your neck. This ensures the cable doesn’t bounce when you’re active which can pull the headphones out of your ears.
Use the included Shirt clip To secure your FREEDOM 2 buds to the back of your shirt.
Long side of the clip on the outside of the shirt.
ON/OFF: To turn FREEDOM 2 on or off, press and hold the Power Button for about 4 seconds. A voice prompt will say “POWER ON” or “POWER OFF”.
- Play or pause a song or video with a short press and release of the Power Button.
- To skip a song, press the Vol. + button for 1 second.
- To go backwards, press the Vol. – button for 1 second.
- To change the volume + or –, short press the Vol. + or Vol. – button.
- To activate voice commands, (Siri or Google Now), press the Power Button for 1 second.
- Accept a phone call, with a short press of the Power Button.
- To decline a phone call, press the Power Button for 1 second.
- To mute or unmute, a call press the Vol. – button for 1 second.
- To redial, a phone number you can double press the Power Button.*
- To switch a call from your phone speaker to your FREEDOM 2 buds short press the Vol. + button.
THE JAYBIRD APP
- SOUND: Customize your sound settings. Changes are saved to your FREEDOM 2 buds.
- MUSIC: Indicates if music is playing on your device.
- DISCOVER: Discover presets from athletes and other users.
- SAVE: Save your new preset to your dashboard for easy access to all your favorite sound settings.
- HISTORY: Track through a history of your changes.
- DEVICE: See your connected device and battery status.
NOTE: The Jaybird app works with Jaybird Run, X3, Freedom and Freedom 2. Other manufacturers and older Jaybird buds are not supported.
Adding additional bass to your sound profile through the Jaybird app will reduce
MULTIPOINT – CONNECTION TO MULTIPLE DEVICES
Multipoint allows you to be connected to two devices simultaneously. You can for instance be connected to your laptop and your mobile phone. While listening to music on your laptop you will be able to accept an incoming call on your phone.
- Ensure your FREEDOM 2 buds are paired and connected to both devices.
- Make sure that only the two devices you want to connect to are turned on and in proximity.
Your FREEDOM 2 can remember up to eight paired Bluetooth devices and can be actively connected two devices at a time.
The ShareMe feature allows you to share the music you are listening to with another pair of FREEDM 2 buds.
A. Power on both pairs of FREEDOM 2 buds.
B. Only connect one device to your music device. Ensure the second device is not connected to any Bluetooth device.
C. Press and hold ‘VOL +’ on the connected buds, while you press and hold the ‘VOL -’ on the second buds until the LEDs on both buds are flashing red/green.
D. Both buds will be connected when the LEDs stop flashing and you will hear ‘Headphones Connected’. Play some music and enjoy the shared experience.
With the right smartwatch you can leave your phone at home. Just sync music to your smartwatch and pair FREEDOM 2 to your smartwatch. Use your smartwatch user manual for instructions on how to pair a Bluetooth device.
If your buds are not responding, connect the charge clip and USB cable to a power source. This will turn your buds off and perform a soft reset.
If this does not resolve your problem we recommend to reset your buds to their original factory Settings.
- Put your buds in pairing mode. Turn the buds off, then press and hold the Power Button for more than 4 sec until you see alternating red/green LED.
- While the LED is flashing red / green double press the Power Button.
- The LED will turn orange and your buds will turn off.
NOTE: Once your buds have been reset you will have to pair it again to your devices. Select “FORGET” or “REMOVE” Jaybird FREEDOM 2 from your device’s Bluetooth menu.
Avoid excessive volume levels and prolonged periods of listening. Prolonged listening at excessive volume levels may cause permanent hearing disability.
Do not use around road traffic.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Clean eartips regularly of dirt and wax buildup. To clean, remove eartips from earbuds, then gently wipe away dust and oil with a dry cloth, and/or use warm water and mild soap to remove buildup. Rinse and completely dry before reattaching.
Before charging, ensure earbuds are completely dry of sweat and water.