This is all about Jaybird Freedom Wireless Headphones User Manual here in this post. We will review the manual of Jaybird Freedom Headphones.
Jaybird Freedom Wireless Headphones User Manual
|Bluetooth Version||4.1, Multipoint|
|Codec||AAC, SBC, Modified SBC|
|Profile||Handsfree, Headset, A2DP, AVCRP, SPP|
|Effective Range||10 meters (30 feet)|
|Play Time||8 Hours (4 Hours on buds plus an additional 4 Hours with|
included charging clip)
|Standby Time||110 Hours|
|Power||Bluetooth headset: 4.5V , 0.2A (Supplied by Charge Clip)|
Charge Clip: 5.0V ,0.5A (Supplied by USB Port)
|Charging Time||2.5 Hours|
|Quick Charge||20 Min = 1 Hours play time on buds + an extra hour through charging clip|
|Dimensions||23 x 13 mm earbud size, 490 mm cord length|
|Weight||Approx 13 g|
*Play time and standby time may vary due to usage conditions. Adding additional bass to your sound profile through the MySound app will reduce play time.
IN THE BOX
- Freedom Bluetooth Buds
- 3 pairs Silicone Eartips (S,M,L)
- 3 pairs ComplyTM Premium Foam Eartips (S,M,L)
- 3 Pairs Ear Fins (S,M,L)
- USB Charging Cable
- 2 Cord Management Clips
- Cord Clip
- Charging Clip
- Carry Pouch
GREAT SOUND PERFORMANCE IS IN SELECTING THE RIGHT SIZE EARTIP.
We love great sound. Make sure you hear it. Because everyone’s ears are
different, be sure to try all sizes of eartips. Only with the right size eartips will you enjoy a snug fit & premium sound quality.
Premium Comply Foam ear tips exclusively designed for Jaybird Freedom deliver maximum noise isolation and comfort.
- Slide Comply Foam tip onto Freedom speaker housing.
- Compress Comply Foam tip by rolling with fingers.
- Secure-Fit: Expands to give you a custom fit and remarkable in-ear retention. Your earbuds remain secure whether you’re in the gym, on the slopes, or on the go.
- Soft Comfort: Unique memory foam provides all-day comfort, while eliminating in-ear irritation and fatigue.
- Noise Blocking: Allows you to enjoy your music in noisy environments without raising the volume.
- Audio Experience: Creates an optimal seal and channels sound directly into the ear canal, transforming your listening experience.
3. Pull ear back to open ear canal for a deeper more secure fit. Insert entire foam tip into ear.
4. Hold in place 15-30 sec for foam to expand and create a seal.
INSTALL YOUR PREFERRED SIZED SECURE-FIT EAR FINS AS SHOWN.
Slide the secure-fit ear fins back until the ridges in the fins line up with the grooves on the buds.
LOCK THE TIP OF THE EAR FIN INTO THE TOP OF THE BOWL OF THE EAR AS SHOWN.
You should have a snug fit with contact on the lower, back and top portions of the bowl of the ear.
CORD MANAGEMENT CLIPS
BEFORE FITTING, INSTALL THE CORD MANAGEMENT CLIPS TO REDUCE THE SLACK FOR A CUSTOMIZED FIT.
THE CORD MANAGEMENT CLIPS CAN BE USED IN THREE WAYS TO MANAGE THE LENGTH OF YOUR CORD AND FIND THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU.
USE THE INCLUDED CORD CLIP TO SECURE YOUR FREEDOM BUDS TO THE BACK OF YOUR SHIRT.
LONG SIDE OF THE CLIP ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE SHIRT.
MUSIC & CALLS
PAIR BUDS TO YOUR DEVICE, PLAY MUSIC, AND TRY EACH SIZE OF EARTIP TO FIND THE BEST FIT AND SOUND PERFORMANCE.
A proper seal is essential for you to fully appreciate the high quality audio of Freedom.
TO CUSTOMIZE THE SOUND PROFILE ON YOUR FREEDOM BUDS. DOWNLOAD THE JAYBIRD MYSOUND APP IN THE APPLE APP OR GOOGLE PLAY STORE.
Your new sound settings are saved right on your buds, so you can take your custom sound with you no matter where you go with any device you use.
NOTE: The MySound app works with Jaybird Freedom. Other manufacturers and older Jaybird buds are not supported.
Adding additional bass to your sound profile through the MySound app will reduce play time.
- SOUND: Customize your sound settings. Changes are saved to your Freedom buds.
- MUSIC: Indicates if music is playing on your device.
- DISCOVER: Discover presets from athletes and other users.
- SAVE: Save your new preset to your dashboard for easy access to all your favorite sound settings.
- HISTORY: Track through a history of your changes.
- DEVICE: See your connected device and battery status.
CHARGING / BATTERY STATUS
The MySound App is able to report the battery level of your Freedom buds to a 1% accuracy.
When not connected to the MySound App, your Freedom buds will announce an average battery level when you turn them on. Alternatively, an average battery level announcement can be triggered by pressing the Volume + or Volume – button when connected and not playing music.
On your Freedom buds the values are rounded to the nearest 20%. 26% reported in the App for example would result in the following prompt: “Battery 20 Percent”
Charging the battery before use is recommended but not required. Freedom ships partially pre-charged, however initial charge will vary.
Look for this Bluetooth headset battery status icon in the top right corner of your iPhone screen.
Or this icon in the bottom right in the MySound app to see the status of Freedom’s battery.
- VOICE PROMPT: When not playing music, pressing ‘Volume + or Volume –’ will announce battery status.
- MICRO USB CHARGING: The charging clip that came with your buds also acts as a charging dock. 2.5 hours for full charge gives 4 + 4 hours of playtime. 20 mins charging gives 1 hour of play time. The clip can also be charged separately and used at a later time.
- ARE THE BUDS ON? IS THE BATTERY LOW?: Single Green Flash = 10% or more battery remaining Single Red Flash = Below 10% battery remaining No Light = Powered off.
|Red+Green Alternating||Pair Mode|
|No Light||Standby / Play Mode / Phone Call / Powered Off|
To charge your freedom buds, securely attach the charging clip to the back of the controller and insert the micro USB end of your included cable into the bottom end of the charging clip. Plug the other end into any 5V USB power source.
This charges both your buds and the charging clip simultaneously for extended listening.
- RED LED = CURRENTLY CHARGING
- GREEN LED = FULLY CHARGED (with USB cable connected to a power source)
USING THE CHARGING CLIP TO CHARGE YOUR BUDS
In addition to using the USB charging cable, your charging clip can charge your buds without having to be connected to a power source. Your charging clip has
an internal battery and circuitry that extends your play time by 4 hours. Simply
attach it to the back of the controller and it automatically starts charging.
Every time you attach the charging clip it will reset your buds by turning them off. You may turn your buds back ON and continue to listen to your music while the charging clip is attached and transferring power.
NOTE: Although the freedom buds are sweatproof, the charging clip is not. Exposing to moisture or sweat will void your warranty.
Do not use your buds while the USB cable is plugged into a power source. Doing so could cause an electric shock if your power source develops an electrical fault.
ATTACHING & REMOVING THE CHARGING CLIP
Attach the charging clip by pushing it directly onto the back of the controller until you feel it click securely in place.
When removing the charging clip apply pressure to the top of the controller and separate it from the charging clip.
When removing the clip DO NOT pull on the cord. Doing this may cause damage to your buds and will void your warranty.
We recommend you charge your buds/charging clip through any native 5V USB power source. Wall/car adapters/chargers that supply more than 5.5 Volt will damage your Jaybird buds and should not be used. We recommend using Jaybird approved USB wall/car adapters (available at jaybirdsport.com).
MUSIC & CALLS
When not on a call or playing music: On center button activates Siri or Voice Commands.
If you have a 2nd incoming call: On center button will answer 2nd call, hold active and switch between active and hold.
- With buds turned off, & within 1 meter (3 ft) of music device, push and hold center key for more than 4 sec until you see alternating red/green LED and a voice prompt saying “Searching For Your Music Device”.
- On your phone/music device, turn Bluetooth on & have it search for Bluetooth devices.
- Select “Jaybird Freedom” (enter passcode 0000 if prompted).
- Freedom voice prompt will say “Headphones Connected”.
- If the pairing is not successful, switch off buds by pushing the center key for more than 4 seconds and repeat the steps outlined above.
PAIRING WITH A BLUETOOTH ADAPTER
- Place buds and device within 1 meter (3 feet) of each other.
- Put the buds into pair mode as outlined on prior page.
- If using BAU Universal Bluetooth Adapter put into pair mode also (see BAU manual).
- Plug the Bluetooth adapter into the music device and play a song.
- The buds and adapter will pair automatically (passcode of adapter must be 0000).
- After successful pairing and connecting, the buds will say “Headphones Connected”.
PAIRING WITH SEVERAL BLUETOOTH DEVICES
Multipoint enables you to simultaneously pair and connect your buds with two different Bluetooth devices. For example you can have your Freedom buds connected to your laptop and your phone at the same time. You can listen to music from your laptop and are still able to answer an incoming call on your phone using your Freedom buds controller. Pretty wicked, eh?!
- Pair your buds to the first device.
- Put your buds back in pairing mode and then hold down the center button.
- Search and select your Freedom buds on the second device.
Share the music you are listening to with another pair of Freedom buds. Follow these steps to connect a second pair of buds. Love is in the air!
- Power on both buds, with just one of the buds paired and connected to only one device.
- Push and hold Vol + on the connected buds, while you push and hold the Vol – on the second buds until the LEDs on both buds are flashing red/green. Both buds will be connected when the LEDs stop flashing and “Headphones Connected” will play on both buds.
- Play Music.
With the right smartwatch you can leave your phone at home. Just sync music to your smartwatch and pair with your buds. Now that’s freedom!
NOTE: Some smartwatches have a weaker Bluetooth signal which may cause possible intermittent signal drop.
Works with smartwatches like:
If your buds are not responding, connect the charging clip and USB cable to a power source. This will turn your buds off and perform a soft reset.
- To reset your buds to their original factory settings put your buds in pairing mode by turning the buds off then push and hold the center button for more than 4 sec until you see alternating red/green LED.
- While the LED is flashing red / green double tap the center button. Upon successful factory reset, the LED turns orange and your buds turns off.
NOTE: Once your buds have been reset and you power on they will automatically go into pairing mode. Select “Forget” or “Remove” Jaybird Freedom from your device’s Bluetooth menu and pair again.
- Download User Manual – Download