This is all about Poly Voyager 6200 UC Bluetooth Neckband Headset User Manual in this guide. Let look at it.
Poly Voyager 6200 UC Bluetooth Neckband Headset User Manual
|LISTEN/TALK/STANDBY TIME||Up to 16 hours listen, 9 hours talk and 14 days standby time|
|ROAMING RANGE||Up to 98 ft/30 m, with Class 1 enabled Bluetooth device|
|BATTERY TYPE||Rechargeable, non-replaceable lithium ion polymer|
|CHARGE TIME||1.5 hours for full charge|
|BLUETOOTH TECHNOLOGY||Bluetooth v5.0 Headset Profile (HSP) 1.2 and Hands-Free Profile (HFP) 1.6 (wideband HD voice); Class 1 BT radio|
|AUDIO PROFILES||Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) 1.2, AVRCP 1.5|
|CODECS||Classic; Low latency, APTx|
|RECEIVE AUDIO PERFORMANCE||Active noise canceling (ANC)|
|RECEIVE FREQUENCY RESPONSE||20 Hz–20 kHz (hi-fi stereo and stereo telephony)|
|HEARING PROTECTION||SoundGuard DIGITAL: protects against sound levels above 118dBA; G616 antistartle (during calls) detects and eliminates any large sudden increase in signal level; Time-weighted average prevents average daily noise exposure from exceeding 85dBA|
|MICROPHONE AND TECHNOLOGY||Boomless design features four omnidirectional microphones with digital signal processing (DSP)|
|WEIGHT||0.12 lbs/56 g|
|CALL CONTROLS||Call answer/end, mute, volume +/-|
|MEDIA CONTROLS||Mute, play, pause, track forward/back|
|VOICE AND OTHER ALERTS||Enhanced voice alerts announce talk time remaining, mute and connection status. Neckband vibrates to alert incoming call|
|APPLICATIONS SUPPORTED||• Plantronics Hub desktop version is available for Windows/Mac, mobile version offered on Android and iOS|
• Plantronics Manager Pro suites: Asset Management and Adoption, Call Quality and Analytics, Health and Safety
|PLANTRONICS MANAGER PRO SUITES SUPPORTED||Asset, Usage, Conversation and Acoustic|
- Active Noise Canceling
- Next track*
- Previous track*
- Bluetooth pairing
- Call button/Press to interact with Microsoft Teams (app required)
- Default voice assistant (smartphone feature)
NOTE: *Functionality varies by application. May not function with web-based apps.
Be safe: Please read the safety guide for important safety, charging, battery and regulatory information before using your new headset.
USB Bluetooth adapter
Your high-fidelity Bluetooth USB adapter comes pre-paired to your Poly device. Plug it into your computer to connect to high-fidelity computer audio.
NOTE Adapter’s USB connection and design may vary, but function is the same.
|USB LEDs||What they mean|
|Flashing red and blue||Pairing|
|Solid blue||Headset connected|
|Flashing blue||On a call|
|Solid red||Mute active|
|Flashing purple||Streaming media from computer|
LEDs when Microsoft Teams* is detected
|USB LEDs||What they mean|
|Flashing red and blue||Pairing|
|Solid purple||Microsoft Teams connected|
|Flashing blue||On a call|
|Solid red||Mute active|
|Pulsing purple||Microsoft Teams notification|
NOTE: *Requires Microsoft Teams desktop application.
Connect and pair
Connect to PC: Your Bluetooth USB adapter comes pre-paired to your headset.
- Turn on your headset and insert the Bluetooth USB adapter into your laptop or PC.
- The USB adapter LED flashes and then turns solid to indicate the headset is connected to the USB adapter. If you are wearing your headset you hear “PC connected” to indicate the connection has been established. When on a call, the LED on the USB adapter flashes blue. When not on a call the LED is solid.
- Load Poly Lens Desktop App by visiting poly.com/lens. This allows you to customize your headset behavior through advanced settings and options.
Configure USB adapter: Your high-fidelity Bluetooth USB adapter comes ready to take calls. If you want to listen to music, you will need to configure your Bluetooth USB adapter.
Windows:1 To configure the Bluetooth USB adapter, go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Sound. On both the Input and Output tabs, select Poly BT700 or Plantronics BT600
- To configure your Bluetooth USB adapter to play music, go to Start menu > Control PanelSound > Playback tab. Select Poly BT700 or Plantronics BT600, set it as the Default Device and click OK.
- To pause music when you place or receive calls, go to Start menu > Control Panel > Sound Communications tab and select the desired parameter.
To configure the Bluetooth USB adapter, go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Sound. On both the Input and Output tabs, select Poly BT700 or Plantronics BT600.
Pair to mobile device
- To put your headset in pair mode, slide and hold the Power switch away from the off position until you hear “pairing” and the headset LEDs flash red and blue.
- Activate Bluetooth on your phone and set it to search for new devices.
- iPhone Settings > Bluetooth > On*
- Android Settings > Bluetooth: On > Scan for devices*
3. Select “Poly V6200 Series.” If necessary, enter four zeros (0000) for the passcode or accept the connection.
Once successfully paired, you hear “pairing successful” and the headset LEDs stop flashing.
NOTE: Your headset can pair with up to 8 devices but only maintain 2 connections simultaneously; this includes the Bluetooth USB adapter.
Pair USB adapter again: Typically, your USB adapter is pre-paired to your Poly audio device. In the event that your adapter is disconnected or bought separately, you will need to pair the adapter to your Poly device. The adapter pairing method depends on which USB adapter you use.
Pair BT700 USB adapter again
Your USB adapter requires Poly Lens Desktop App to pair to a Poly audio device.
- 1 Insert the high-fidelity Bluetooth USB adapter into your laptop or computer and wait for your computer to recognize it.
- 2 Put your Poly audio device in pair mode.
- 3 Launch Poly Lens Desktop App and navigate to Poly BT700.
- 4 Put your Bluetooth USB adapter into pair mode by selecting “Pair new device” on the adapter’s main page or overflow menu. Your adapter flashes red and blue. Pairing is successful when you hear “pairing successful” and “PC connected” and the Bluetooth USB adapter LED is solid.
NOTE: To pair again using Plantronics Hub Desktop App, navigate to the app’s Poly BT700 general settings and select “Pair.”
Pair BT600 USB adapter again
- Insert the high-fidelity Bluetooth USB adapter into your laptop or computer and wait for your computer to recognize it.
- Put your Poly audio device in pair mode.
- Put your Bluetooth USB adapter into pair mode by pressing and holding the recessed pair button with a pen or paperclip until the Bluetooth USB adapter flashes red and blue.
NOTE: Adapter design varies by USB connection.
Pairing is successful when you hear “pairing successful” and “PC connected” and the Bluetooth USB adapter LED is solid.
Customize your device behavior through advanced settings and options with Poly Lens App. Some softphones require the installation of Poly software to enable device call control (answer/end and mute) functionality. Download: poly.com/lens.
NOTE: Device settings and updates are also available in Plantronics Hub App.
Update your Poly device
Keep your firmware and software up-to-date to improve performance and add new features to your Poly device.
Update your device using your computer with Poly Lens Desktop App. Download at poly.com/lens.
- Do not use your Poly device until the update is complete.
- Disconnect your Poly device from paired devices such as phones, tablets and computers.
- Do not start a second update from a second device.
- Do not stream media.
- Do not answer or place a call.
It takes 90 minutes to fully charge your headset with the desk charger or micro USB cable. The LEDs turn off once charging is complete. Your headset has up to 10 hours of talk time.
NOTE: Your headset will vibrate once to confirm that charging is in progress.
Check headset battery status
Check your headset battery status:
- View status in Poly Lens Desktop App
- With headset inactive, slide and release the Power switch away from the off position. Listen to the voice alert or observe the headset LEDs.
Headset LED behavior while charging
|Triple Blue Light||Battery high|
|Double Blue Light||Battery medium|
|Red Light||Battery low|
TIP: To reset the accuracy of the talk time alert, deplete the headset battery then charge fully.
- Try the 3 eartips to find which size fits you comfortably while blocking external noise.
- Listen to music and select the eartip that gives you the most bass response.
- You may prefer a different size eartip in each ear.
Changing the eartips and locking them in place is easy. Left and right are indicated on the earbud and on the eartip.
- To put the eartip on the earbud, hold the eartip loop, place it over the earbud and pull the eartip up and over the small tab on back of earbud to click it in place.
- Ensure that you can’t see the tab and the eartip is locked in place.
|Power on/off||Slide the switch to power on or off.|
|Adjust the volume||Tap the Volume up or Volume down button.|
|Play or pause audio||Tap the Call button.|
|Track selection||Double-tap the Call button to skip to the next track or triple-tap the Call button to play the previous track.|
|Fast forward/rewind||Double-tap and hold the Call button to fast-forward. Triple-tap and hold the Call button to rewind.|
|ANC||Active Noise Canceling (ANC) reduces external noise and enhances your music and sound quality.|
Slide the switch to activate ANC.
|Voice assistant||Siri, Google Assistant, Cortana Press and hold the Call button for 2 seconds to activate your phone’s default voice assistant. Wait for the phone prompt to activate voice dialing, search, and other smartphone voice controls.|
|Answer or end a call||Tap the Call button.|
|Answer a second call||First, tap the Call button to end current call, then tap the Call button again to answer new call.|
|Mute||While on an active call, tap the red Mute button.|
|Hold a call||Double-tap the Call button to put a call on hold. Tap the Call button again to answer an incoming call.|
|Switch between calls (flash)||Double-tap the Call button to switch between calls.|
|Call back last call||Double-tap the Call button .|
|Answer calls from a second device||It’s easy to answer calls from two devices (including softphone).|
When on a call, you hear a ringtone notification of the incoming call from the second paired device.
To answer a second call from the other device, first tap the Call button to end the current call and tap the Call button again to answer the new call. If you choose to not answer the
second call, it will go to voicemail.
Interact with Microsoft softphone
- For Microsoft Teams, tap the headset’s Call button to interact (Teams desktop application required).
- For Skype for Business, press and hold the headset’s Call button for 2 seconds to interact (Skype for Business desktop application required).
Your headset LED illuminates red to inform others that you are on a call. Manage settings in Poly Lens App.
Recalibrate headset sound
Recalibrate your headset sound if your voice sounds muffled on a call or if callers hear your background noise.
- Power off your headset for 10 seconds
- Power on headset in a quiet environment
|My eartips are not staying on the earbuds.||Ensure that your eartips are securely attached to the|
earbuds. See Replace eartips.
|When I use my headset with a softphone, the headset call control and mute|
buttons don’t work.
|Check the following:|
• If required to enable headset control (answer/end and mute) functionality, ensure you have Poly software installed. See Load software.
• Ensure that you connect to computer audio with your high-fidelity Bluetooth USB adapter for optimal sound and functionality.
• Pairing your headset directly to your computer is not recommended.
|The headset sound is not working as expected when connected to your|
• During a call, nobody can hear me
• During a call, I can’t hear anybody
• Music is not coming through my headset
• When I play music and a call comes in, the music is too loud or doesn’t pause
|• To configure the headset sound on your computer, see Configure for media.|
• Ensure that only one softphone application is opened at a time.
• For best performance, ensure your headset is up-todate. See Update your Poly device.
|While on a call or playing media, I get interference and drops in sound.||• Ensure that you connect to computer audio with your high-fidelity Bluetooth USB adapter for optimal sound and functionality.|
• For best audio reception, keep your paired mobile phone on the right side of your body
|While on a call, others have trouble hearing me.|
• My voice sounds muffled or far away
• Others hear my background noise
|See Recalibrate headset sound.|
|The headset talk time is not accurate.||Charge the headset fully to reset the accuracy of the talk time prompts.|
|How do I interact with Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business?||• For Microsoft Teams, tap the Call button to|
• For Skype for Business, press and hold the Call button for 2 seconds to interact.
• Set your target phone by going to Poly Lens Desktop App > Software Settings > Softphone > Target Softphone
|Does my Microsoft Teams-enabled headset work with other softphones?||Yes, while your headset is optimized for Microsoft Teams, it can be configured to use with other supported softphones. Set your target phone by going to Poly Lens Desktop App > Software Settings > Softphone > Target Softphone.|
When you configure another softphone, the Call
• doesn’t interact with Teams
• doesn’t go to Teams notifications
• will not launch Cortana
- Block out distractions and remain focused on calls or work with on‐ demand passive‐ and active‐noise canceling (ANC).
- Put this neckband headset on and wear all day—it has a discreet, low profile and comfort-fit earbuds.
- Bring your voice to the forefront and minimize distractions with four omnidirectional microphones.
- Work more flexibly—switch from stereo to mono by dropping an earbud or remove both earbuds for face‐to‐face conversations.
VOYAGER 6200 UC
Here’s a Bluetooth neckband headset with earbuds that’s as professional and versatile as you. With Voyager 6200 UC, wear just one earbud for voice calls and both earbuds for music. Stereo sound and active noise cancelling (ANC) help you focus—while you stay productive and connected. It’s so comfortable and low profile, you can wear it all day long, in and out of the office. You can even pair it with up to eight devices, connecting to two at a time. Intuitive controls make it easy to use, too. Why take it off? We’ll leave that up to you.
- Dynamic mute alert feature lets you know you’re muted.
- Vibrating neckband signals incoming calls and alerts.
- Use with PC’s, Mac’s, tablets and mobile phones.
- Upgraded to Microsoft Teams Certification from initial Skype for Business Certification.
- Premium hi‐fi stereo.
- Download User Manual – Download
- Download Data Sheet – Download
- Product Page – Click Here