In this user manual guide, we will review the Shure Aonic Free True Wireless Earphones User Manual. Let’s start unboxing this.
Shure Aonic Free True Wireless Earphones User Manual
|Transducer Type||Single Dynamic MicroDriver|
|Sensitivity||– at 1 kHz|
– 107 dB SPL/mW
|Impedance||– at 1 kHz|
– 20 Ω
|Noise Attenuation||up to 37 dB|
|Frequency Range||21 Hz–17.5 kHz|
|Net Weight||13.4 g (.5 oz.)|
|Frequency||2402 to 2480 MHz|
|Modulation Type||GFSK, π/4DQPSK, 8DPSK|
|RF Output Power||9.22 dBm EIRP (Left), 9.49 dBm EIRP (Right )|
|Antenna Type||Integral antenna|
|Antenna Gain||-0.82 dBi (Left), -0.82 dBi (Right )|
|Supported Codecs||Qualcomm aptX™, SBC, AAC|
|Battery Life||Up to 7 hours|
|Working Range||10 m|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)|
|Charging Temperature Range||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10°C to 35°C (14°F to 95°F)|
ShurePlus PLAY Mobile Listening App
The ShurePlus PLAY Mobile Listening App is a high-resolution music player with advanced EQ controls. Play uncompressed audio files with your iOS or Android mobile device using the music tab. Use built-in Shure EQ presets to customize the sound, or create your own EQ presets in the settings tab. Unlock environment mode and ANC features by connecting to Shure wireless and True Wireless products in the device tab.
- Import and play multiple, high-resolution and standard file types
- Customize presets with the parametric graphic EQ
- Adjust your volume with the full-screen fader
- Create playlists and organize your music library by playlist, artist, album title, song title, genre, or composer
- Quickly dial in your sound with EQ preset modes for a variety of listening situations.
Environment mode allows you to accentuate the ambient noise around you. This is especially useful when you want to listen to music or are on a phone call, yet you still want to be aware of the sounds around you.
To use environment mode:
- Double press either adapter
- Use the switch in the ShurePlus PLAY app
In the ShurePlus PLAY app, you can adjust the environment mode across ten levels:
PausePlus accentuates the ambient noise around you when you pause your music. When you resume your music, you also revert to any previous settings.
To enable PausePlus, use the switch in the ShurePlus PLAY app.
You can customize the buttons for your earphones to control the features in the way that you want. You can control the button responses for:
- Music and Audio
- Phone calls
Use Button Controls from the device home screen to access the Button Controls screen where you can customize the buttons for your earphones.
Prompts & Tones
ou can select between voices, tones, and mute for the audio feedback that plays when events like power on/off, Bluetooth connection, etc. occur. After you have selected what type of prompt you want and the volume, you can further specify individual prompts for muting. The prompts that you can select from are:
- Power On/Off
- Bluetooth Disconnected
- Environment Mode
- Low Battery
Auto Power Off
You can configure the Auto Power Off feature in the PLAY app to turn off your headphones when not in use:
- Select Device
- Select Battery & Power
- Specify the auto power off time in Power Off When Disconnected
- After 10 Minutes
- After 1 Hour
- After 4 Hours
The best sound starts with a good fit
- Select the sleeve that provides a snug fit (like earplugs).
- Secure the adapter behind the ear to maintain a tight seal.
Auto Power and Pair
- Remove from case. The earphones automatically enter pairing mode.
- Select SHURE AONIC FREE from your device.
- Gently twist and pull to remove sleeve.
- Install the new sleeve so it completely covers the barb and nozzle.
Unlock the full potential of your listening experience: more info here
|Power on||Hold 2 Seconds||Press and hold the button until you hear an audible notification.You must power on both earphones.|
|Power off||Hold 2 Seconds||Press and hold the button until you hear an audible notification.You must power off both earphones.|
Tip: Placing the earphones back in the case automatically powers them off.
|Pair Bluetooth||Hold 5 Seconds||From a powered-off state: Press and hold the button on either earphone for about 5 seconds.|
|Play/Pause||1x||Press the button on either earphone once.|
|Environment mode On/Off||2x||Press the button on either earphone 2 times quickly.|
|Activate voice assistant||3x||Press the button on either earphone 3 times quickly.|
Phone Call Functions
|Answer||1x||Press one time|
|1End||1x||Press one time|
|Decline||Hold 2 Seconds||Press and hold 2 seconds|
|Environment Mode||2x||Press two times quickly|
|Mute/Unmute Mic||3x||Press three times quickly|
Important: Use the ShurePlus™ PLAY app to identify the active phone call mic.
You can use the buttons to control the volume:
|Volume up||1x||Press once, then press and hold|
|Volume down||1x||Press once, then press and hold|
If you only hear sound from the right side, when listening to audio:
- Pause the audio for 5-10 seconds to activate Standby mode (timing depends on which app you are using).
- Press play. The audio should be heard in both earphones for the rest of the use session.
- Enable Environment mode with a double press.
- Disable Environment mode with double press. This resets the audio, enabling both earphones.
To avoid this situation:
- When pairing:
- Begin pairing mode with either earphone.
- Select “Shure AONIC FREE” in the Bluetooth device list.
- Power on the other earphone.
- Already paired: power them both on at the same time.
Reset paired devices list
You may find it necessary to reset the earphones.
- Place earphones in charging case.
- Ensure that the charging case LED is red. If not, remove the earphones from the case and power them on for several minutes before starting the process again.
- Press and hold both buttons, 7 seconds.
The earphones reset.
- Clear, studio-quality audio with deep bass. Engineered from decades of experience developing products for music legends and performers of all kinds.
- Sleek & portable true wireless design. Enjoy secure fit in a hook-free form factor that stays comfortably in place all day.
- Durable build quality that withstands sweat + the elements. Designed to pass rigorous quality and durability testing to last a lifetime.
- Sound Isolating™ technology naturally blocks out noise and eliminates distractions. Enjoy the most immersive listening experience no matter where you are – on the train, in the gym, at the airport, or at home.
- Environment Mode allows you to hear the outside world. Activate with the push of a button on the earphone, or use the PausePlus feature in the app to automatically turn on Environment Mode when you pause your music from your earphones.
- Up to 21 hours total battery life with pocketable carrying case for uninterrupted audio on-the-go. The earphones hold up to 7 hours of battery life per charge, and the slim, flip-top carrying case provides two additional charges.
- Customizable EQ. Choose from multiple presets, or create your own custom EQ and using the free PLAY app. Saves directly to your earphones for easy transfer across other apps or devices.
- Enjoy clear, stereo calls with exceptional audio through beamforming microphones for video conferencing and phone calls. Mic placement is optimized for enhanced call clarity.
- Onboard button controls for quick access to volume, playback and calls.
- Premium headphone amplifiers and support for multiple codecs including Qualcomm aptX, AAC and SBC.
- Bluetooth 5 wireless technology for enhanced stability and a range of up to 30 feet (10 meters). Pairs to phones, tablets and laptops for music and calls.
- ShurePlus PLAY app allows you to customize your EQ, button controls, Environment Mode and prompts. Free to download for iOS and Android.
- Includes a two-year warranty, pair of AONIC FREE Sound Isolating(TM) Earphones, fit kit with foam sleeves in S,M,L sizes for the perfect fit, premium charging case, and USB-C charging cable.
|Bluetooth pairing||Alternating red and blue|
|Bluetooth connected||Blue for 2 seconds, then off|
|Bluetooth connection lost||Slow blinking blue|
|Low battery||Slow blinking red|
Charging case LEDs
|Earphones charge complete||LED off|
|Charging case low||Red|
|Charging case charging||Orange|
|Charging case fully charged||Green|
Charging the earphones
- Insert the earphones into the charging case to charge.
- The LED is red while charging.
- When fully charged, the LED turns off.
- Use the supplied USB-C cable to recharge the charging case.
Warning: Before charging, ensure that the adapters and case are at room temperature, between 10 to 45°C (50 to 113°F).
Note: Use this product only with an agency approved power supply which meets local regulatory requirements (for example, UL, CSA, VDE, CCC, INMETRO).
Before using this product, please read and save the enclosed warnings and safety instructions.
The possible results of incorrect use are marked by one of the two symbols—”WARNING” and “CAUTION”—depending on the imminence of the danger and the severity of the damage.
WARNING FOR ALL EARPHONES!
Use, clean, and maintain earphones according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- If water or other foreign objects enter the inside of the device, fire or electric shock may result.
- Do not attempt to modify this product. Doing so could result in personal injury and/or product failure.
- Do not use when a failure to hear your surroundings could be dangerous, such as while driving, or when biking, walking, or jogging where traffic is present and accidents could occur.
- Keep this product and its accessories out of reach of children. Handling or use by children may pose a risk of death or serious injury. Contains small parts and cords that may pose risk of choking or strangulation.
- Prior to inserting the earphone, always recheck the sleeve to make sure it is firmly attached to the nozzle to decrease the risk of sleeves detaching from the nozzle and becoming lodged in your ear. If a sleeve becomes lodged in your ear, seek professional medical assistance to remove the sleeve.
- Stop using the earphones and consult a medical professional if you experience irritation, excessive wax buildup, or other discomfort.
- Never disassemble or modify the device, as failures may result.
- Do not subject to extreme force and do not pull on the cable or failures may result.
- Keep the earphone dry and avoid exposure to extreme temperatures and humidity.
- If you are currently receiving ear treatment, consult your physician before using this device.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- EAD these instructions.
- KEEP these instructions.
- HEED all warnings.
- FOLLOW all instructions.
- DO NOT use this apparatus near water.
- CLEAN ONLY with dry cloth.
- DO NOT block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- DO NOT install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- DO NOT defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wider blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into your outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
- PROTECT the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
- ONLY USE attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
- USE only with a cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
- UNPLUG this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
For more information, or to view other Frequently Asked Questions, visit the Shure FAQ.