In this user manual guide, we will review the Steelseries Arctis 3 Bluetooth Gaming Headset User Manual.
Steelseries Arctis 3 Bluetooth Gaming Headset User Manual
|Neodymium Drivers||40 mm|
|Frequency Response||20–22000 Hz|
|Total Harmonic Distortion||< 3%|
|Volume Control||On Headset|
|Mute Control||On Headset|
|Cable Connections||3.5mm 4-pole cable & Dual 3.5mm extension cable|
|Cable Length(s)||1.2m, 4ft / 3m, 10ft|
|Bluetooth Profiles||A2DP, HFP, HSP|
|Wireless Range||10 m / 30 ft|
|Battery Life||Active listening time: 28 hours|
- Ski goggle headband *
- Main headset cable *
- Dual 3.5 mm ‘Y’ extension cable *
- Micro USB charging cable*
- Breathable moisture-wicking ear cushions *
- Retractable microphone
- USB charging port
- Power button
- Microphone mute button
- Volume control
- Main cable jack
- Headphone share jack
Nintendo Switch Chat
- Connect the main cable from the headset to the Switch.
- Pair the headset to your mobile device.
- Download the Switch chat app on your mobile device.
- Game and chat audio will be mixed together in the headset.
- With headset off, press and hold the power button for 6 seconds (power LED will blink rapidly).
- On your mobile device scan for Bluetooth headsets and select Arctis 3 Bluetooth.
|ANSWER/END VOICE CALL||single · press the power button|
|PLAY/PAUSE MUSIC||single · press the power button|
|SKIP TRACK||double · · press power button|
The power button color indicates your battery level:
|Green||100 – 50 %|
|Yellow||49 – 20 %|
|Red||19 – 10 %|
|Red (fast blink)||9 – 1 %|
To charge the headset connect the micro USB charging cable from the headset to a PC or any USB power source.
SKI GOGGLE HEADBAND
- Velcro: Tighten or loosen the Velcro straps on the sides of the headband to achieve the desired fit.
- Install: Direction of headband installation.
Can I use the wired audio and Bluetooth at the same time?
Yes, use the 3.5mm wired connection to a console controller, PC, Nintendo Switch…etc, and pair the Bluetooth connection to a mobile device. Audio from both sources is mixed together in the headset. The microphone signal automatically switches over to Bluetooth whenever a call is initiated.
Why should I use a wired connection for gaming if the headset has wireless Bluetooth?
Bluetooth is a convenient wireless technology for streaming audio from a mobile device and for communications, but it isn’t ideal for gaming. Latency can be rather long, which means you will always hear your audio slightly later than you see the visuals on screen. Also, when using chat functionality Bluetooth limits the frequency range available, so audio loses some fidelity. Having wired audio for gaming ensures zero latency and maximum sound quality. Bottom line: wired game audio and Bluetooth chat is an ideal setup for a variety of platforms.
How does the Arctis 3 Bluetooth headset work for Nintendo Switch chat?
The 3.5mm cable gets connected to the Switch tablet to receive game audio, and the headset’s Bluetooth is used to connect to the Nintendo Switch chat app on a mobile device. The game and chat audio is automatically mixed together in the headset. Only a single cable is needed for a super clean setup.
Does the headset need to be turned on to use the wired connection?
No, headset power is only used for Bluetooth connections. The 3.5mm wired audio can be used on its own with zero battery consumption.
- Steelseries Arctis 5 Bluetooth Headphones User Manual
- Steelseries Arctis Prime Wireless Headphones User Manual
- Steelseries Arctis 7X Wireless Gaming Headset User Manual
- Steelseries Arctis 3 Console Gaming Headset User Manual
- Steelseries ARCTIS 1 Wireless For Xbox Gaming Headset User Manual
- Steelseries ARCTIS 7X Plus Gaming Headset User Manual