Are you searching for Yamaha E700A Headphones User Manual? If yes then this is the right place for you and your searches end here.
Yamaha E700A Headphones User Manual
|Folding / Swivel||Yes / Yes|
|Driver||Dynamic / 40.0 mm|
|Frequency Response||8 Hz – 40 kHz|
|Line Input||3.5 mm stereo mini (Power ON: ANC / Ambient Sound enabled) (Power OFF: Driver Direct)|
|Hi-Res||Wired connection only|
|Line Input Position||Single-sided|
|Bluetooth Version||Bluetooth 5|
|Supported Profiles||A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP|
|Supported Codecs||SBC, AAC, Qualcomm aptX Adaptive|
|Maximum Communication Range||32.8 ft (without interference)|
|Charging Time||Approx. 3.5 h|
|Continuous Playback Time||Approx. 35 h (with Advanced ANC on)|
|Active Noise-Cancelling||Yes (Advanced ANC)|
|Music and Phone Controls||Yes|
|Voice Assistance||Yes (Siri / Google Assistant)|
|USB Power Cable||Yes (19.69 in., type A to C)|
|Carrying Case||Yes (hard type)|
|Audio Cable||3.5 mm to 3.5 mm|
Advantages of this product
This product is a set of wireless headphones that connects to Bluetooth devices such as a portable music player or smartphone over the air.
High-definition playback of sound from Bluetooth devices
This product supports the Qualcomm aptX Adaptive and AAC codecs.
ADVANCED ANC feature
This feature analyzes the playback sound and outside noise, and reduces only the noise while maintaining the playback sound quality. By reducing noises from outside such as trains, buses and so on, you can absorb yourself in the music without the need to raise the volume too much.
AMBIENT SOUND function
The sounds around you will be mixed together with the playback sound. This feature is convenient in situations like when you want to briefly talk with someone.
LISTENING CARE (LISTENING CARE – ADVANCED) feature
This product features LISTENING CARE (LISTENING CARE – ADVANCED), which lets you enjoy rich sound quality even at low volumes.
Focusing on the characteristics of the human ear where the low- and high-end sounds become harder to hear at lower volumes, as well as how things sound differently in different listening environments, this feature corrects the sound balance for the optimal sound to match the volume. By rendering a natural sound that’s easy to listen to, this feature reduces the load on your ears caused by excessive levels.
LISTENING OPTIMIZER feature
This analyzes the audio in real time and adjusts the sound quality to best match how this product fits on your ears and your ear shape.
Smartphone feature support
You can use this product to talk on the phone and start up the voice assistant while connected to this product.
Dedicated smartphone app: Headphones Controller
Use the Headphones Controller app to configure more detailed settings.
Make sure that all of the accessories are included with this product.
Headphones (main unit)
Below is an explanation of the parts of the headphones.
- + key, − key
- Function key
- Charging connector: Plug the USB power cable into the connector for charging.
- Microphone: Captures the sound of your voice when you make a phone call.
- Power key
- External input jack
- ANC key
NOTE: The housing features a built-in microphone that capture ambient sounds. If your hand is covering the housing, the NOISE CANCELLING and AMBIENT SOUND will not work properly, and you may hear noise.
Charging and Powering
Charging this product
Before using this product, charge the controller.
Make sure to use the USB power cable that was included with this product. Also, when using a USB power adaptor, be sure that the adaptor is compatible with 5 V DC (at least 0.5 A) commercially available power output.
- Plug the USB power cable into the controller.
- Plug the USB power cable into the USB power adaptor.
The indicator lights up during charging, and turns off when charging is completed.
- You may not be able to charge if you use a USB power cable other than the one included with this product.
- You may charge from the USB port on your computer instead of using a USB power adaptor.
- This product’s power will turn off during charging. You will not be able to operate or play music at this time.
Turning the power on
Hold down the power key for two seconds.
The indicator lights up as shown below, and the power turns on.
Turning the power off
Hold down the power key for two seconds.
The indicator lights up as shown below, and the power turns off.
Checking the remaining battery power
After this product are turned on, you can check how much battery power is left from the flashing indicator and the audio message.
- Audio messages:
– Battery High: plenty of charge remaining
– Battery Medium: moderate charge remaining
– Battery Low: small amount of charge remaining
- Indicator (on controller):
– Flashes three times (red): plenty of charge remaining
– Flashes two times (red): moderate charge remaining
– Flashes one time (red): small amount of charge remaining
Registering a Bluetooth device (pairing)
When first connecting this product to a Bluetooth device, follow the steps below to register (pair) this product with that device.
- Set this product to pairing mode: With the power turned off, hold down the Power key until the indicator flashes as shown in the illustration below. You will hear the “Pairing” audio message in the earphone, and the earphone will enter registration (pairing) standby mode.
- Activate the Bluetooth function on the Bluetooth device: A list of Bluetooth devices that can be connected will be shown.
- Select this product from this list on your Bluetooth device: If successfully connected, you will hear the “Pairing Successful” audio message. The indicator on this product lights up blue (for about 20 seconds).
- Pairing standby mode will automatically end after about two minutes. To register again, start from step 1.
- Up to 8 devices can be registered with this product. From the 9th device on, older registrations will be deleted (the oldest is deleted first).
- If a passkey is required when connecting, input “0000”.
Connecting to a Bluetooth device
This product connects to Bluetooth devices with which it has already been registered (paired).
When you turn the power on, they will search for the last Bluetooth device to which they were connected, and connect automatically.
If this product do not automatically connect to a Bluetooth device, it is waiting for connection. Operate the Bluetooth device to connect with this product.
If successfully connected, you will hear the “Connected” audio message. The indicator will display as shown below.
NOTE: This product connects to a single Bluetooth device, and cannot connect to multiple devices at the same time.
Disconnecting from a Bluetooth device
Follow the steps below to disconnect a Bluetooth device.
- Disconnect the earphones by operating the Bluetooth device: This product will enter the waiting mode for a connection from a Bluetooth device.
- Turn the Bluetooth device’s power off: This product will enter the waiting mode for a connection from a Bluetooth device.
- Turn the power of this product off.
Connecting using the cable
You can connect this product to the headphone output jack of an external device by using the 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug cable (included).
- The following functions will not be available when connecting via cable.
– Connecting to a Bluetooth device
– Phone calls
– Operating this product using the Headphones Controller
– Using the keys on this product (except for the power and ANC keys)
- When this product is on, you can switch between AMBIENT SOUND and NOISE CANCELLING by using the ANC key, even when the cable is connected.
- When using this product with the cable connected, you can still use it as a regular pair of headphones with the power turned off.
- Unplugging the cable will turn off the power
NOTE: Use the included in-flight plug adaptor to connect this product to the headphones jack on an airplane seat.
Wearing this product
Putting the headphones on
Check the markings on the headphones for the left and right sides to make sure the headphones are positioned correctly when you put them on.
Operating this Product
Adjusting the volume
Follow the steps below to adjust the volume.
|Turn the volume up||Press the + key|
|Turn the volume down||Press the − key|
NOTE: When connecting to a device (such as a smartphone) on which the volume can be adjusted, you can also adjust the volume using that device.
Listening to music
You can using the following functions during playback.
- Pause or restart playback: Press the function key.
- Skip to the next song: Hold down the + key until you hear a “beep” sound (about two seconds).
- Go back to the beginning of the song, or skip to the previous song: Hold down the − key until you hear a “beep” sound (about two seconds).
- Switching the NOISE CANCELLING/AMBIENT SOUND on and off: Press the ANC key. The status changes in the following order.
– NOISE CANCELLING (default setting): the “Noise Cancel” audio message will be heard from this product.
– AMBIENT SOUND: the “Ambient Sound” audio message will be heard from this product.
– NOISE CANCELLING/AMBIENT SOUND disabled : the “Off” audio message will be heard from this product.
- To select a song for playback, operate your Bluetooth device.
- You can also set the NOISE CANCELLING/AMBIENT SOUND feature with the Headphones Controller app.
Receiving a phone call
When connecting to a Bluetooth device (such as a smartphone) that has phone call functionality, you can talk using this product. Operate this product as follows.
|Receive a phone call||Press the function key|
|End a phone call||During the phone call, press the function key|
|Ignore a call||Hold down the function key for about two seconds when the call is coming in|
NOTE: When a call is coming in, any music being played will be paused. Music playback will automatically resume when the call ends or you ignore the call.
Using the voice assistance feature on your smartphone
When connecting this product to a Bluetooth device that supports a voice assistance feature such as Siri or Google Assistant, you can control the voice assistant with this product.
- Press the function key twice: The voice assistant will start, and you can operate it using your voice.
- The operations for the voice assistant feature will vary depending on your Bluetooth device. See the user’s manual of your Bluetooth device for details.
- To finish listening to the voice assistant, operate your Bluetooth device.
About the app for earphones/headphones
The Headphones Controller smartphone app is a dedicated app for getting the best sound quality from your Yamaha earphones or headphones.
This app will let you do the following.
- Show the status of your earphones/headphones (such as remaining battery power)
- Make detailed settings on your earphones/headphones
Install the app from the App Store (iOS devices) or from Google Play (Android devices). See the information about the app on each store for details.
List of settings (main screen)
The settings that you can make on the main screen of the Headphones Controller app are shown below.
NOTE: The app screen may differ, depending on your product.
- LISTENING CARE: Turns LISTENING CARE (a feature that automatically adjusts the sound quality according to the volume) on/off.
- NOISE CANCELLING: This sets the balance between the playback and ambient sound.
- LISTENING OPTIMIZER: Turns LISTENING OPTIMIZER on/off (a feature that measures and analyzes the sound in real time and automatically adjusts the sound quality).
- Auto Power-Off Timer: Sets the time it takes for the power to turn off after Bluetooth has been disconnected.
Automatically adjust the sound quality according to the volume
When LISTENING CARE is enabled, this product will automatically adjust the sound quality according to the playback volume.
This feature adjusts the frequency balance, offering rich sound quality playback even at a low volume.
Use the Headphones Controller app to make these settings.
- LISTENING CARE
– ON (default setting): enables LISTENING CARE
– OFF : disables LISTENING CARE
Automatically adjust the sound quality according to the product’s fit
When LISTENING OPTIMIZER is enabled, this product will automatically adjust the sound quality to best match how the headphones fit on your ears.
Use the Headphones Controller app to make these settings.
- LISTENING OPTIMIZER
– ON (default setting): enables LISTENING OPTIMIZER
– OFF : disables LISTENING OPTIMIZER
Playing back sound according to your surroundings
You can set how this product sounds according to the situation, such when you want to enjoy music in a noisy location, or when you want to be able to hear what is going on around you while you are listening.
When NOISE CANCELLING is enabled, the ADVANCED ANC feature built into this product reduces outside noise while maintaining the quality of sound playback.
When you enable the AMBIENT SOUND feature, the sounds around you will be mixed together with the playback sound. This is useful in situations like when you want to briefly talk with someone.
- Press the ANC key.
The setting changes in the following order.
- NOISE CANCELLING (default setting): the “Noise Cancel” audio message will be heard from this product.
- AMBIENT SOUND : the “Ambient Sound” audio message will be heard from this product.
- NOISE CANCELLING, AMBIENT SOUND disabled : the “Off” audio message will be heard from this product.
- You can also set this feature with the NOISE CANCELLING button in the Headphones Controller app. The settings are as follows.
– NOISE CANCELLING(default setting): the active noise cancelling feature of this product will reduce the noise from outside when sound is played back.
– AMBIENT SOUND : the sounds around you will be mixed together with the playback sound.
– OFF : the sound will play back without noise cancellation processing.
- Depending on the type of sound you are playing back and what is going on around you, the ambient sound may not be so easy to hear. In this case, pause the playback.
- Do not cover the housing of this product with your hand. If your hand is covering the mic, the NOISE CANCELLING and AMBIENT SOUND will not work properly, and you may hear noise.
Setting the auto-standby time
This product will automatically shut off when a certain amount of time has passed without a connection from a Bluetooth device. You can set the time it takes for the power to turn off after no connection has been received.
Use the Headphones Controller app to make these settings.
- Auto Power-Off Timer
– OFF (default setting): continuous (power is not automatically turned off)
Updating the firmware
The firmware on this product can be updated to add new functionality, rectify product issues and so on. Updates are performed using Headphones Controller.
- On the main screen of the Headphones Controller app, open the menu.
- Tap “Confirm Firmware Update”: If new firmware has been released, you will see instructions on how to perform the update. Install the firmware by following the instructions on the screen.
Read this first
If this product does not operate normally while you are using it, first check the following.
- Turn the power off and then on again.
- Make sure that this product have been sufficiently charged.
- Update the firmware of this product to the latest version.
No sound can be heard
|This product are not connected to a Bluetooth device||Pair this product|
|The volume is too low||Raise the volume|
|The music stopped playing back||Start playback|
|The cable may not be correctly connected (when using the 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug cable)||The 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug cable jack of this product may not be correctly connected to your external device|
|The volume of the external device is low when using a 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug cable||Raise the volume on your external device|
Power will not turn on
- There may not be enough battery power left: Charge this product.
The product cannot be charged
- Your computer is not turned on (when charging from your computer): Turn the power of your computer on, and then charge this product.
- You may have been using a USB power cable other than the one included with this product: Use the included USB power cable to make sure the product correctly charges.
Cannot connect to a Bluetooth device
- This product and your Bluetooth device may be too far apart: Move this product closer to the Bluetooth device.
- A device that emits electromagnetic waves (such as a microwave oven, access point and so on) might be nearby: Do not use this product near other devices that emit electromagnetic waves.
- The connection information for the registered Bluetooth device may not be working properly: Delete the connection information of this product from the Bluetooth device, and then pair this product with the device.
- The registration information for the Bluetooth device that was registered on this product may have been deleted: Pair this product once more.
- This product may already be connected to another Bluetooth device: Disconnect that Bluetooth device, and then connect this product with the new device.
- The 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug cable may be connected: Remove the 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug cable, and then connect your Bluetooth device.
The product does not operate or play back
- This product may be charging: You cannot use this product while they are charging. Use the earphones after charging is finished.
- There is no remaining battery power on this product: Charge this product.
- The product is temporarily not functioning in a stable way: Turn the power off and then on again.
The sound is distorted, noisy or choppy
- The signal may not be coming in clearly, making the connection unstable.
Move away from wireless devices such as access points, or appliances that product electromagnetic waves such as microwave ovens.
Try placing the connected Bluetooth device as close to this product as you can.
Devices with wireless network connectivity may transmit signals that obstruct Bluetooth communications. In this case, turn off the wireless network connectivity feature on your Bluetooth device.