Yamaha YH L700A ANC Wireless Headphones User Manual : we will review the Yamaha YH L700A ANC Headphones Manual.
Yamaha YH L700A ANC Wireless Headphones User Manual
|Driver unit||40 mm|
|Frequency range||8–40,000 Hz|
|Supported profiles||A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP|
|Supported codecs||SBC, AAC, Qualcomm aptX Adaptive|
|Supported content protection (Japan only)||SCMS-T|
|RF output power||Class 2|
|Maximum communication range||10 m (without obstructions)|
|Maximum number of pairable devices||8|
Advantages of this product: This product is a set of wireless headphones that connects to Bluetooth devices such as a portable music player or smartphone over the air.
High-definition playback of sound from Bluetooth devices: This product supports the Qualcomm aptX Adaptive and AAC codecs.
ADVANCED ANC feature: This feature analyzes the playback sound and outside noise, and reduces only the noise while maintaining the playback sound quality. By reducing noises from outside such as trains, buses and so on, you can absorb
yourself in the music without the need to raise the volume too much.
AMBIENT SOUND function: The sounds around you will be mixed together with the playback sound. This feature is convenient in situations like when you want to briefly talk with someone.
LISTENING CARE (LISTENING CARE – ADVANCED) feature: This product features LISTENING CARE (LISTENING CARE – ADVANCED), which lets you enjoy rich sound
quality even at low volumes. Focusing on the characteristics of the human ear where the low- and high-end sounds become harder to hear at lower volumes, as well as how things sound differently in different listening environments, this feature corrects the sound balance for the optimal sound to match the volume. By rendering a natural sound that’s easy to listen to, this feature reduces the load on your ears caused by excessive levels.
LISTENING OPTIMIZER feature: This analyzes the audio in real time and adjusts the sound quality to best match how this product fits on your ears and your ear shape.
3D SOUND FIELD feature: This product includes a 3D SOUND FIELD feature, which lets you enjoy the playback of surround sound with full three-dimensional presence. Select the optimum sound field effect to match the contents you are playing back.
Smartphone feature support: You can use this product to talk on the phone and start up the voice assistant while connected to this product.
Dedicated smartphone app: Headphones Controller
Use the Headphones Controller app to configure more detailed settings.
Below is an explanation of the parts of the headphones.
- 3D key
- Power key
- Charging connector: Plug the USB power cable into the connector for charging.
- Microphone: Captures the sound of your voice when you make a phone call.
- – key
- Function key
- + key
- External input jack
- ANC key
Charging and Powering
Charging this product
Before using this product, charge the controller.
Make sure to use the USB power cable that was included with this product. Also, when using a USB power adaptor, be sure that the adaptor is compatible with 5 V DC (at least 0.5 A) commercially available power output.
- Plug the USB power cable into the controller.
- Plug the USB power cable into the USB power adaptor
The indicator lights up during charging, and turns off when charging is completed.
- You may not be able to charge if you use a USB power cable other than the one included with this product.
- You may charge from the USB port on your computer instead of using a USB power adaptor.
- This product’s power will turn off during charging. You will not be able to operate or play music at this time.
Turning the power on, off
1. Power On: Hold down the power key for two seconds.
The indicator lights up as shown below, and the power turns on.
2. Power Off: Hold down the power key for two seconds.
The indicator lights up as shown below, and the power turns off.
Checking the remaining battery power
After this product are turned on, you can check how much battery power is left from the flashing indicator and the audio message.
1. Audio messages
- Battery High: plenty of charge remaining
- Battery Medium: moderate charge remaining
- Battery Low: small amount of charge remaining
2. Indicator (on controller)
- Flashes three times (red): plenty of charge remaining
- Flashes two times (red): moderate charge remaining
- Flashes one time (red): small amount of charge remaining
Registering a Bluetooth device (pairing)
When first connecting this product to a Bluetooth device, follow the steps below to register (pair) this product with that device.
- Set this product to pairing mode: With the power turned off, hold down the Power key until the indicator flashes as shown in the illustration below. You will hear the “Pairing” audio message in the earphone, and the earphone will enter registration (pairing) standby mode.
- Activate the Bluetooth function on the Bluetooth device: A list of Bluetooth devices that can be connected will be shown.
- Select this product from this list on your Bluetooth device: If successfully connected, you will hear the “Pairing Successful” audio message. The indicator on this product lights up blue (for about 20 seconds).
- Pairing standby mode will automatically end after about two minutes. To register again, start from step 1.
- Up to 8 devices can be registered with this product. From the 9th device on, older registrations will be deleted (the oldest is deleted first).
- If a passkey is required when connecting, input “0000”.
Connecting to a Bluetooth device
This product connects to Bluetooth devices with which it has already been registered (paired).
When you turn the power on, they will search for the last Bluetooth device to which they were connected, and connect automatically.
If this product do not automatically connect to a Bluetooth device, it is waiting for connection. Operate the Bluetooth device to connect with this product.
If successfully connected, you will hear the “Connected” audio message. The indicator will display as shown below.
NOTE: This product connects to a single Bluetooth device, and cannot connect to multiple devices at the same time.
Disconnecting from a Bluetooth device
Follow the steps below to disconnect a Bluetooth device:
- Disconnect the earphones by operating the Bluetooth device.
- This product will enter the waiting mode for a connection from a Bluetooth device.
- Turn the Bluetooth device’s power off.
- Turn the power of this product off.
Connecting using the cable
You can connect this product to the headphone output jack of an external device by using the 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug cable (included).
The following functions will not be available when connecting via cable:
- Connecting to a Bluetooth device
- Phone calls
- Operating this product using the Headphones Controller
- Using the − and + keys
- When this product is on, you can switch between AMBIENT SOUND and NOISE CANCELLING by using the ANC key, even when the cable is connected.
- When this product is on, you can switch the 3D SOUND FIELD by using the 3D key, even when the cable is connected.
- When using this product with the cable connected, you can still use it as a regular pair of headphones with the power turned off.
- Unplugging the cable will turn off the power.
NOTE: Use the included in-flight plug adaptor to connect this product to the headphones jack on an airplane seat.
Wearing this product
Putting the headphones on
Check the markings on the headphones for the left and right sides to make sure the headphones are positioned correctly when you put them on.
Operating this Product
Adjusting the volume
Follow the steps below to adjust the volume.
- Turn the volume up: Press the + key.
- Turn the volume down: Press the − key.
NOTE: When connecting to a device (such as a smartphone) on which the volume can be adjusted, you can also adjust the volume using that device.
Listening to music
- Pause or restart playback: Press the function key.
- Skip to the next song: Hold down the + key (about two seconds).
- Go back to the beginning of the song, or skip to the previous song: Hold down the − key (about two seconds).
- Switching the NOISE CANCELLING/AMBIENT SOUND on and off: Press the ANC key. The status changes in the following order.
- NOISE CANCELLING (default setting)
- AMBIENT SOUND
- Disables NOISE CANCELLING/AMBIENT SOUND
- Switches 3D SOUND FIELD on/off: Hold down the 3D key for about two seconds to switch between stereo and surround playback. Press the 3D key during surround playback to switch between the surround sound fields, in the order shown below.
- Music Video
- Concert Hall
- Outdoor Live
- Audio ROOM
- Back Ground Music
- To select a song for playback, operate your Bluetooth device.
- You can also set the NOISE CANCELLING, AMBIENT SOUND and 3D SOUND FIELD features with the Headphones Controller app.
Receiving a phone call
When connecting to a Bluetooth device (such as a smartphone) that has phone call functionality, you can talk using this product.
- Receive a phone call: Press the function key.
- End a phone call: During the phone call, press the function key.
- Ignore a call: Hold down the function key for about two seconds when the call is coming in.
- When a call is coming in, any music being played will be paused. Music playback will automatically resume when the call ends or you ignore the call.
- The 3D SOUND FIELD will be disabled when a phone call comes in or during a phone call.
Using the voice assistance feature on your smartphone
When connecting this product to a Bluetooth device that supports a voice assistance feature such as Siri or Google Assistant, you can control the voice assistant with this product.
Press the function key twice: The voice assistant will start, and you can operate it using your voice.
- The operations for the voice assistant feature will vary depending on your Bluetooth device. See the user’s manual of your Bluetooth device for details.
- To finish listening to the voice assistant, operate your Bluetooth device.
The Headphones Controller smartphone app is a dedicated app for getting the best sound quality from your Yamaha earphones or headphones.
This app will let you do the following:
- Show the status of your earphones/headphones (such as remaining battery power)
- Make detailed settings on your earphones/headphones
Install the app from the App Store (iOS devices) or from Google Play (Android devices). See the information about the app on each store for details.
List of settings (main screen)
The settings that you can make on the main screen of the Headphones Controller app are shown below.
- LISTENING CARE: Turns LISTENING CARE (a feature that automatically adjusts the sound quality according to the volume) on/off.
- NOISE CANCELLING: This sets the balance between the playback and ambient sound.
- LISTENING OPTIMIZER: Turns LISTENING OPTIMIZER on/off (a feature that measures and analyzes the sound in real time and automatically adjusts the sound quality).
- Auto Power-Off Timer: Sets the time it takes for the power to turn off after Bluetooth has been disconnected.
- 3D SOUND FIELD: Switches playback between surround and stereo.
- SURROUND MODE: Selects the sound field effect used during surround playback.
- HEAD TRACKING: Switches the measurement of your head’s direction on/off.
List of product settings (menu)
The settings that you can make on the menu of the Headphones Controller app are shown below.
- Confirm Firmware Update: Checks whether new firmware has been released, and performs updates.
- User Guide: Accesses the User Guide
- License Information: Displays the software license information for Headphones Controller.
Automatically adjust the sound quality according to the volume
When LISTENING CARE is enabled, this product will automatically adjust the sound quality according to the playback volume.
This feature adjusts the frequency balance, offering rich sound quality playback even at a low volume. Use the Headphones Controller app to make these settings.
- ON (default setting): enables LISTENING CARE
- OFF : disables LISTENING CARE
Automatically adjust the sound quality according to the product’s fit
When LISTENING OPTIMIZER is enabled, this product will automatically adjust the sound quality to best match how the headphones fit on your ears.
Use the Headphones Controller app to make these settings.
- ON (default setting): enables LISTENING OPTIMIZER
- OFF : disables LISTENING OPTIMIZER
Playing back sound according to your surroundings
You can set how this product sounds according to the situation, such when you want to enjoy music in a noisy location, or when you want to be able to hear what is going on around you while you are listening.
When NOISE CANCELLING is enabled, the ADVANCED ANC feature built into this product reduces outside noise while maintaining the quality of sound playback.
When you enable the AMBIENT SOUND feature, the sounds around you will be mixed together with the playback sound. This is useful in situations like when you want to briefly talk with someone.
1. Press the ANC key.
The setting changes in the following order:
- NOISE CANCELLING (default setting): the “Noise Cancel” audio message will be heard from this product.
- AMBIENT SOUND : the “Ambient Sound” audio message will be heard from this product.
- NOISE CANCELLING, AMBIENT SOUND disabled : the “Off” audio message will be heard from this product.
Playing back in surround sound
The 3D SOUND FIELD feature lets you enjoy the playback of surround sound with full three-dimensional presence. Select the optimum surround sound field effect to match the contents you are playing back.
Switching between surround and stereo playback:
1. Hold down the 3D key for at least two seconds.
Playback will switch between surround and stereo.
- 3D SOUND FIELD
- ON: surround playback (3D SOUND FIELD ON).
- OFF (default setting): stereo playback (3D SOUND FIELD OFF). You will hear the “Off” audio message in the earphones.
Selecting the surround sound field effect.
1. Press the 3D key during surround playback.
The setting changes in the following order:
- Cinema: the “Cinema” audio message will be heard from this product.
- Drama: the “Drama” audio message will be heard from this product.
- Music Video: the “Music Video” audio message will be heard from this product.
- Concert Hall: the “Concert Hall” audio message will be heard from this product.
- Outdoor Live: the “Outdoor Live” audio message will be heard from this product.
- Audio ROOM: the “Audio ROOM” audio message will be heard from this product.
- Back Ground Music: the “Back Ground Music” audio message will be heard from this product.
3D SOUND FIELD: detailed settings
- ( 3D SOUND FIELD: Switches playback between surround and stereo.
- ( SURROUND MODE: Selects the surround sound field effect.
- ( HEAD TRACKING: This product uses a feature called head tracking to determine which direction your head is facing, in order to recreate a natural sound position in the stereo field. The sound field effect may sound a little strange when you are frequently changing the direction you face, such as when you are walking. If this happens, set the feature to “OFF.
- ON (default setting): head tracking on
- OFF: head tracking off
Setting the auto-standby time
This product will automatically shut off when a certain amount of time has passed without a connection from a Bluetooth device. You can set the time it takes for the power to turn off after no connection has been received.
Use the Headphones Controller app to make these settings.
1. Auto Power-Off Timer
- OFF (default setting): continuous (power is not automatically turned off)
Updating the firmware
The firmware on this product can be updated to add new functionality, rectify product issues and so on. Updates are performed using Headphones Controller.
For more details on the contents of updates, see the product information page on the Yamaha website.
- On the main screen of the Headphones Controller app, open the menu.
- Tap “Confirm Firmware Update”.
If new firmware has been released, you will see instructions on how to perform the update. Install the firmware by following the instructions on the screen.
Read this first
If this product does not operate normally while you are using it, first check the following.
- Turn the power off and then on again.
- Make sure that this product have been sufficiently charged.
- Update the firmware of this product to the latest version.
No sound can be heard
- This product are not connected to a Bluetooth device.
- The volume is too low.
- The music stopped playing back.
- The cable may not be correctly connected (when using the 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug cable).
- The volume of the external device is low when using a 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug cable.
Power will not turn on
- There may not be enough battery power left.
The product cannot be charged
- Your computer is not turned on (when charging from your computer): Turn the power of your computer on, and then charge this product.
- You may have been using a USB power cable other than the one included with this product: Use the included USB power cable to make sure the product correctly charges.
Cannot connect to a Bluetooth device
- This product and your Bluetooth device may be too far apart: Move this product closer to the Bluetooth device.
- A device that emits electromagnetic waves (such as a microwave oven, access point and so on) might be nearby: Do not use this product near other devices that emit electromagnetic waves.
- The connection information for the registered Bluetooth device may not be working properly: Delete the connection information of this product from the Bluetooth device, and then pair this product with the device.
- The registration information for the Bluetooth device that was registered on this product may have been deleted: Pair this product once more.
- This product may already be connected to another Bluetooth device: Disconnect that Bluetooth device, and then connect this product with the new device.
- The 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug cable may be connected: Remove the 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug cable, and then connect your Bluetooth device.
The product does not operate or play back
- This product may be charging: You cannot use this product while they are charging. Use the earphones after charging is finished.
- There is no remaining battery power on this product: Charge this product.
- The product is temporarily not functioning in a stable way: Turn the power off and then on again.
The sound is distorted, noisy or choppy
- The signal may not be coming in clearly, making the connection unstable.
Move away from wireless devices such as access points, or appliances that product electromagnetic waves such as microwave ovens.
Try placing the connected Bluetooth device as close to this product as you can.
Devices with wireless network connectivity may transmit signals that obstruct Bluetooth communications. In this case, turn off the wireless network connectivity feature on your Bluetooth device.
Problem Still Not Resolved (Customer Support)
If the trouble still cannot be solved, please contact us for product support as shown below.
- Download User Manual – Download
- Product Page – Click Here
- Yamaha Studio Monitor Headphones Owners Manual
- Yamaha E700A Headphones User Manual
- Yamaha EP E30A Wireless Earphones User Manual
- Yamaha TW E5B True Wireless Earbuds User Manual
- Yamaha TW E3B True Wireless Earbuds User Manual
- Yamaha E500A Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones User Manual
- Yamaha EP E50A Wireless Noise Cancelling Earphones User Manual
- Yamaha EP E70A Wireless Noise Cancelling Earphones User Manual