Beyerdynamic Lagoon ANC Wireless Headphone User Manual : It is a Bluetooth headphone of Beyerdynamic Lagoon ANC.
Join Us on Telegram : Click Here
Beyerdynamic Lagoon ANC Bluetooth Headphone User Manual
Thank you for purchasing the Lagoon ANC Bluetooth Headphones. “For the best possible listening experience with your new headphones, please carefully refer to the details in this document.”
- Read these operating instructions carefully and completely before using the product.
- Do not use the product when it is damaged.
- beyerdynamic GmbH & Co. KG will not be liable if any damage, injury or accident occurs due to negligent, incorrect or inappropriate use of the product.
Avoid accidents and damage to your health
- When you use the headphones, please make sure that the volume level is set to minimum. Adjust the volume level only after putting on the headphones. To avoid possible hearing damage, do not use your headphones for extended periods of time at high volume.
- We would like to point out that too high volumes and too long listening times can cause irreversible damage to your hearing.
- If you suffer from tinnitus, be mindful of listening at high volume levels.
- Always ensure an adequate volume level. It is advisable to keep listening times as short as possible at high volume levels.
- With the beyerdynamic MIY App you can personalise your Bluetooth® headphones. The app’s “Statistics” function tracks the sound pressure level that the user’s ears are exposed to over time. This feature refers only to the sound pressure created by the headphone’s built-in loudspeakers, not from external sound sources.
- Keep small parts such as the product, packaging and accessories away from children and pets. Accidental ingestion may cause suffocation.
- Headphones drastically reduce the perception of external sounds. Using headphones in road traffic can be potentially dangerous. The user’s hearing must not be impaired to the extent that it causes road safety risks, especially utilising within an area of potentially dangerous machinery and tools.
- Furthermore, avoid using headphones in situations where hearing must not be affected, such as crossing a railway crossing or at a construction site.
- The function of Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) is to prevent users from hearing ambient noise.
- Never use headphones with ANC activated in situations where it is not required, as it may present a risk to yourself and others. For example, when driving a car, cycling, using a level crossing or walking near traffic.
- In these circumstances, remove the headphones or use them without ANC activated and adjust the volume accordingly to ensure you can still hear important noises such as alarms and warning signals.
- Please note: noises such as alarms and warning signals may sound different when using the headphones.
Liability / intended use
- Do not use the product for any application which is not described in this product information.
beyerdynamic is not liable for improper use of the product and its accessories.
- beyerdynamic is not liable for damages to USB devices that do not comply with USB specifications.
- beyerdynamic is not liable for damages resulting from transmission breakdowns due to empty or old batteries or exceeding the Bluetooth® transmission range.
- Please observe the respective country-specific regulations before using the product.
Unit usage warning
- Use only a USB 2.0/3.0 compliant 5V power supply to charge the battery via the integrated USB type-C port (power consumption is max. 1.0 A).
- WARNING: The batteries (battery pack or batteries installed) must not be exposed to excessive heat such as direct sunlight or fire.
- CAUTION: Please do not open the housing. There is a danger of explosion if the battery is incorrectly replaced.
- Do not expose the product to rain, snow, liquids or moisture.
- Do not disassemble.
- Do not use the battery if it should come into contact with water.
- Do not expose to high temperatures (60 °C/140 °F). High temperatures, particularly in association with a high charging status, may result in irreversible damage of the battery.
- If you are not intending to use the battery for an extended period or are planning to put it into storage, it is advisable to lower the battery’s charging level to around 50% and to store it at temperatures not exceeding 30 °C.
- Never expose the battery to excessive heat such as direct sunlight or fire.
- Misuse or improper use could damage the battery. In extreme cases, there is a risk of explosion, overheating, fire, smoke or gas.
- Lagoon ANC headphones
- Audio cable, mini jack (3.5 mm)
- Charging cable USB-A to USB-C
- Hard case
- Quick Start Guide
Storage and removal from the packaging
Removal from the packaging
- Open the hard case and remove the headphones.
- Rotate the two earcups inwards so that the ear pads are facing each other.
- Rotate the two earcups outwards and into each other, so that the right ear cup with the jack connection is on the outside.
- Put the headphones into the hard case with the ear pads pointing downwards.
beyerdynamic MIY app
The beyerdynamic MIY app is an evolving tool to add useful features to your Lagoon ANC headphones such as MOSAYC sound personalization, audio tracking statistics and many more settings to adapt the headphones to your individual needs.
When using the MOSAYC sound personalization, you will notice your Lagoon ANC will sound even better.
Firmware and Updates
Please note that the following descriptions refer to the standard settings as supplied with firmware version 1.0.
It is possible that a newer firmware version is available. Please check our website for the beyerdynamic Update Hub which provides firmware updates to transfer onto the Lagoon ANC when connecting to a Windows or Apple computer.
The Bluetooth headphones are compatible with Bluetooth playback devices (from Bluetooth version 4.0) that support the following profiles:
- A2DP (for audio transmission)
- HFP (for phone operation)
- HSP (voice output)
- AVRCP (for the transmission of controls signals)
Note: All associated functions are only available if they are supported by the player.
Supported audio codecs
Within the A2DP profile, the headphones support the audio codecs SBC, AAC, aptX and aptX LL. The best audio quality is offered by aptX. aptX LL offers the shortest audio latency.
Note: Please note that only those audio codecs can be used for audio transmission, which are available in the player.
The player and the headphones automatically select the best codec available on both devices according to the following order:
- aptX LL
Note: Please note that most playback devices do not indicate which codec is active. Operating elements
Switch ANC function
On-off switch and pairing
Mini jack connector (3.5 mm) USB connection for charging cable, (USB-C)
The earcups are equipped with a Light Guide System (LGS) which is a visual display indicating various operating conditions. The Light Guide System (LGS) is a unique feature giving intuitive information on the headphone’s status and prevents the disturbing visible
blinking of LEDs from neighbouring people. It is only active when the headphones are turned on.
Depending on the angle the Lagoon ANC is held or worn, the Light Guide System will turn on or off automatically. For example, the LGS will turn on when putting the Lagoon ANC flat on a table with the inner side of the earcups facing upwards. The LGS will turn off again, when the headphones are put on.
- As soon as the headphones are picked up, the inside of the right earcup will illuminate red and the left one will illuminate white.
- If the headphones are stored e.g. on a table, the standby mode will be activated after more than 10 seconds and the LGS will be turned off. The Bluetooth® connection still remains.
- In the pairing mode, the right and left earcup alternately light up blue.
- A successful pairing is indicated by a blue light fading in.
For more information, please refer to the “Light Guide System” table.
Turning on / off
- Turning on
Set the switch to the “On” position.
- Turning off
Set the switch to the “Off” position.
How to use the touch pad
Please make sure that your finger remains within the boundaries of the circular-shaped touch pad as shown in the drawing.
Pairing with the player
Before you use the headphones for the first time, you have to pair them with your mobile phone or another Bluetooth enabled device. The pairing process may be different with various players. Please refer to the appropriate manual of the player.
|1. 2.||Set the switch to the “On” position. Set the switch for three seconds to the “Pairing” position. The Light Guide System displays the pairing mode by flashing blue alternately in the left and right earcup.||3. 4. 5.||Activate the Bluetooth® function on the player and, if necessary, search for new devices. Select “Lagoon ANC” from the available devices in the Bluetooth® menu of the player and connect both devices. The Light Guide System displays a successful|
Bluetooth connection by a blue light fading in. Each time when turning on, both devices connect automatically when in range.
Pairing with the player via NFC
Alternatively, you can connect the headphones with an NFCcapable player through NFC. The headphones must be switched on. It does not matter whether the headphones are in pairing mode or not.
- Set the switch to the “On” position.
- Activate the NFC function in the player. Note: Some players have not activated their built-in NFC chip for pairing purposes.
- Hold the player over the left earcup so that both NFC chipsare close to each other. Sliding the player over the left earcup may aid connectivity.
Multi point operation
The headphones can be paired with a maximum of 15 Bluetooth® enabled devices. A ctive connections can be established with up to two devices at a time. However, playback of music and phone operation is only possible with one device at any one time. Phone operation has priority over playback of music; i. e. playback of music is interrupted during phone calls.
The following priorities apply during the use of playback devices:
|Priority||Profile||Playback device (PD)|
|1||HFP (phone operation)||AG 1 (device used first)|
|2||HFP (phone operation)||AG 2 (device used second)|
|3||A2DP (playback of music)||AG 1 (device used first)|
|4||A2DP (playback of music)||AG 2 (device used second)|
- Pair the headphones with the first device (refer to “Pairing with the player”).
- Deactivate the Bluetooth® connection on the first device.
- Switch the headphones off by using the switch .
- Set the switch to the “Pairing” position.
- Pair the headphones with the second device (refer to “Pairing with the player”).
- Re-activate the Bluetooth® connection to the first device that automatically connects to the headphones.
- Once both devices are paired with the headphones, the headphones automatically connect with both devices each time when powered up, provided they are within the range.
Using multi point
If you have connected the headphones with two devices
- and have just activated media playback, briefly press the touch pad twice to accept an incoming call.
- and have just finished a call, briefly press the touch pad twice to restart the media playback that was playing most recently.
How to use the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC)
|OFF||Active Noise Cancellation is deactivated. Only the passive attenuation of the headphones remains. The best setting for quiet environments.|
|Level 1||Moderate noise cancellation. Outside sounds can still be heard. The best setting, when there is little external noise, i.e. in the household or office use.|
|Level 2||Strong noise cancellation in very noisy environments. External sounds can hardly be heard. The most efficient attenuation when there is much low frequency noise, i.e. on aircraft or trains.|
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) only works when the headphones are switched on.
You can adjust the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) to two different levels according to your personal listening preferences and environment.
Generally speaking, when increasing the noise cancelling level, unwanted external noise is reduced accordingly. When
decreasing the noise cancelling level, more external noise is heard. We made sure, that even with ANC switched off the Lagoon ANC provides significant attenuation due to its thoroughly implemented closed-back design.
Please note: that the perceived quality of noise cancellation highly depends on the level and type of surrounding noise. Normally, ANC level 2 brings the strongest results, but under certain outside conditions (little low-frequency noise) ANC level 1 can produce better results.
A certain level of audible background noise created by the electronics is normal for ANC levels 1 and 2.
How to set the volume
- Increase volume Drag your finger upwards on the touch pad. When you drag your finger upwards and hold it, the volume gradually increases until the maximum is achieved. An audible signal indicates the achieved maximum level.
- Reduce volume Drag your finger downwards on the touch pad. When you drag your finger downwards and hold it, the volume gradually reduces until the minimum is achieved. An audible signal indicates the achieved minimum level.
Please note that the following functions depend on the player and the player software and may not be available. The headphones only transmit control signals that comply with the Bluetooth® standard.
Important: To avoid malfunction, use only one finger when you use the touch pad.
- Start / Stop:
Briefly tap the touch pad twice.
Play next track:• Play previous track: Drag your finger forwards Drag your finger back on the touch pad. wards on the touch pad
- Fast forward:
Drag your finger back-
Drag your finger forwards wards on the touch pad
on the touch pad and and hold it for at least 1
hold it for at least 1 second. second
Automatic pause and resume function:
Audio will pause automatically when the Lagoon ANC is tilted forward almost completely.
As soon as the Lagoon ANC is brought back to an upright position, audio will resume. This applies, when wearing the headphones or when taking them off.
You can bypass this pause behaviour by starting the audio via the normal start command on the touch pad.
Call personal assistant
To call the personal assistant on your smartphone or tablet such as Siri, Google A ssistant etc.:
Press the centre of the touch pad for approx. 2 seconds.
Accept / end a call: Briefly tap the touch pad twice.
- Reject a call: Press and hold the centre of the touch pad for approx. 2 seconds.
- Toggle between two callers: Press and hold the centre of the touch pad for approx. 2 seconds.
- Increase volume of call: Drag your finger upwards on the touch pad. When you drag your finger upwards and hold it, the volume gradually increases until the maximum is achieved. An audible signal indicates the achieved maximum level.
- Reduce volume of call: Drag your finger downwards on the touch pad. When you drag your finger downwards and hold it, the volume gradually reduces until the minimum is achieved. An audible signal indicates the achieved minimum level.
Charging the battery
For charging the rechargeable battery, we recommend using the supplied USB charging cable only.
- Switch headphones off.
- Connect the headphones with the supplied USB charging cable to any compliant USB Type A port supplying voltage (e.g. USB power supply).
- The light guide system displays the charging status:
- Pulsating red = battery charged 0 to 30%
- Pulsating yellow = battery charged 30 to 70% Pulsating green = battery charged 70 to 99% Constant green light = battery charged 100%
- Detach the USB charging cable after the charging process.
Reset to factory settings
- Set the switch to the “On” position.
- Hold the right earcup.
- Set the switch to the “Pairing” position and at the same time drag your finger backwards on the touch pad.
Touch pad and button functions table
Unless otherwise stated, the functions listed apply for headphones that are switched on.
|Switch on||Set switch to the “On” position|
|Switch off||Set the switch to the “Off” position|
|Paring mode||Switch on headphones, set switch to the “Pairing” position and hold it for 3 seconds|
|Delete pairing mode list||Switch on headphones, set switch to the “Pairing” position and hold it for 10 seconds|
|Start / pause||Briefly tap the touch pad twice|
|Next track||Drag forwards on the touch pad|
|Previous track||Drag backwards on the touch pad|
|Fast forward||Drag forwards on the touch pad and hold for at least 1 second|
|Rewind||Drag backwards on the touch pad and hold for at least 1 second|
|Accept / finish a call||Briefly tap the touch pad twice|
|Reject a call||Press and hold the touch pad for 2 seconds|
|Toggle between 2 callers||Briefly tap the touch pad twice|
|Call personal assistant (Siri, Google Assistant etc.)||Press and hold the touch pad for 2 seconds|
The functions listed apply for headphones that are switched on.
|Activating and deactivating voice messages||Set the switch to the “Pairing” position and hold for 1 second. At the same time tap the touch pad twice with one finger.|
|Reset to factory settings||Set the switch to the “Pairing” position and at the same time drag your finger backwards on the touch pad .|
Light Guide System table
|Charging battery 0-30% 30-70% 70-99% full (100%)||Pulsating red Pulsating yellow Pulsating green Constant green light|
|Battery almost empty||4 x flashing red|
|Bluetooth® connection mode active (Pairing)||Left and right flashing alternately blue|
|Bluetooth® connection active||Orange light|
|Bluetooth® connection lost||Flashing slowly blue with interruptions of 3 seconds|
|Media playback active||Orange light|
|Incoming call||Left and right flashing alternately orange|
|During a call||Orange light|
|Display of left / right hand side||After picking up the headphones again, a constant white light will display on the left hand side and a constant red light on the right hand side|
|Standby mode||If the headphones are not used for more than 10 seconds, the Light Guide System is t urned off|
Player settings for the best wireless sound
To achieve the best possible sound via Bluetooth® with the headphones, you should consider the following practical hints:
- Set the volume of the headphones to minimum, and the volume of the player to maximum.
- Then adjust the volume on the headphones only, not on the player. Important:
This applies only to players that do not automatically synchronise the volume.
On players that automatically synchronise the volume (e.g. iPhone, iPad, various A ndroid smartphones), the headphone volume is always identical to the v olume of the player.
- Deactivate any audio effects that might exist in your player software.
|The headphones cannot be switched on||Battery is empty or almost empty||Charge the battery|
|No audio output||No Bluetooth® connection||Pair the headphones with the player|
|The headphones do not appear among the available Bluetooth® devices on the player||The headphones are switched offThe headphones are not in pairing modeA Bluetooth® connection to another player exists already||Turn on the headphonesPut the headphones into pairing modeDisconnect the Bluetooth® connection to the other player and connect the headphones to the desired device|
|Playback volume is too low, even though the headphone v olume is set to maximum||The received audio signal is too low||Increase the playback v olume on the player to maximum|
|The sound is harsh and the bass response is too low||Insufficient seal of the ear pads||Adjust the headphones over your ears so that maximum seal is achieved|
|The wireless range is too low or the connection is disrupted||There are interferences with other devices||Move away from WLAN routers and microwave ovens, ensure that your body is not between the player and the headphones|
Using the audio cable
The supplied audio cable has a mini jack plug (3.5 mm) on either end. With the audio cable you can use the headphones without a Bluetooth® connection or when the battery is empty.
- Switch off the headphones so that no electricity is drawn from the battery.
- Connect one end of the audio cable to the jack socket of the right earcup.
- Connect the other end of the audio cable to the player.
- To clean the Lagoon ANC use only a soft cloth – either dry or slightly damp.
- Do not use cleaners that contain solvents as they can damage the surface.
Notes on battery life for Li-ion batteries
- After fully charging, disconnect the charging cable from the charger and the headphones.
- High temperatures, especially when fully charged can lead to irreversible damage.
- If the battery is not used for extended periods of time, it is recommended to charge it to approx. 50 % and store it at temperatures not exceeding 20 °C.
- Switch off the battery-powered product after use.
• Spare parts for the headphone can be found on the web at:
This symbol on the product, in the instructions or on the packaging means that your electrical and electronic equipment should be disposed at the end of its life separately from your household waste. There are separate collection systems for recycling in the EU. For more information, please contact the local authority or your retailer where you purchased the product.
This symbol means that according to local laws and regulations your product and/or its battery shall be disposed of separately from household waste. When this product reaches its end of life, take it to a collection point designated by local authorities. The separate collection and recycling of your product and/or its battery at the time of disposal will help conserve natural resources and ensure that it is recycled in a manner that protects human health and the environment.
- Old batteries may contain substances that are harmful to your health and the environment.
- Always dispose used batteries according to the applicable disposal regulations. Please do not throw used battery packs into a fire (danger of explosion) or your household rubbish, take them to your local collection points. The return is free and required by law. Please dispose of discharged batteries only.
All batteries are recycled to reclaim valuable material such as iron, zinc or nickel.
Simplified EU Declaration of Conformity
Hereby, beyerdynamic declares that the radio equipment is in compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU. The full text of the EU declaration of conformity is available at the f ollowing web address: http: //www.beyerdynamic.com/cod
RF frequency range . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2.402 – 2.480 GHz
Transmission power. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10 dBm
Operating temperature range . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0 to 40 °C
Charging temperature range . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0 to 40 °C
Detailed technical specifications can be found on the internet at:
• Using the serial number, you can register your headphone on the web at:
beyerdynamic GmbH & Co. KG, Theresienstrasse 8, 74072 Heilbronn, Germany (subsequently called: “beyerdynamic“) provides this limited guarantee for the original beyerdynamic product (subsequently called: “product“) purchased by you.
If you wish to make a guarantee claim for your product, take it to the retailer from which you purchased it or to another authorised beyerdynamic service partner. A list of all service partners worldwide can be found on the Internet at: www.beyerdynamic.com/distributors.
In accordance with the terms of this limited guarantee, beyerdynamic guarantees that this product at the time of initial purchase is free of material and manufacturing defects. This guarantee is valid for two (2) years from the date of purchase of brand-new, unused products by the original end user. As proof of purchase, please retain the sales receipt. The date of purchase and the name of the product must be displayed on the sales receipt. Without this proof, which is checked by beyerdynamic or the relevant beyerdynamic service partner, no claims may be put forward with respect to beyerdynamic based on this limited guarantee; beyerdynamic and the beyerdynamic service partners reserve the right to charge a processing fee if this product in accordance with the guarantee terms fails to meet the guarantee criteria.
The guarantee undertaking consists at the option of beyerdynamic of the elimination free of charge of material and manufacturing defects through repair, exchange of parts or replacement of the entire product. If beyerdynamic repairs the product, exchanges parts or replaces the product, then the guarantee claim for the defect in question or the replaced product is valid for the remaining duration of the original guarantee period or for ninety (90) days from the date of repair, whichever period is longer. The repair or replacement claims may be filled with functionally equivalent, reconditioned products. The replaced parts or components become the property of beyerdynamic.
This guarantee claim is void if the product has been tampered with by unauthorised persons or workshops.
This limited guarantee is valid worldwide in all countries in which in each respective case the national laws do not conflict with these guarantee terms. Other or broader claims than those set forth here may not be asserted on the basis of this limited guarantee. At the same time, however, you as an end user may in your country have legal claims which are not limited by this limited guarantee. The limited guarantee limits neither your legal rights nor the rights of consumer vis-à-vis the retailer which arise from the purchase contract.
Excluded from this limited guarantee are:
- Minor defects or irregularities in the condition of the product which are insignificant as far as the quality and intended use of the product are concerned.
- Accessories included with the product.
- Rechargeable and non-rechargeable batteries (due to their nature these products have a shorter lifespan which in individual cases also depends practically on the intensity of use).
- Headband pad, ear pads, wind shield and all parts of the product that have body contact.
- Defects which have occurred through improper use or misuse of the product (for example, faulty operation, mechanical damage, incorrect operating voltage), including, but not limited to, any unintended use of the product.
- Defects in the product resulting from failure to comply with the operating and maintenance instructions of beyerdynamic.
- Defects in the product which have occurred through normal wear and tear.
- Defects in the product resulting from or in connection with modifications made to the product to the extent that regarding the nature and extent of the modification no prior written consent on the part of beyerdynamic exists.
- Defects in the product resulting from force majeure.
- Defects in the product of which you were already aware at the time of purchase.
- Defects in the product caused by the use of accessory components or peripheral devices which are not among the original accessories of beyerdynamic developed for this product.
THERE EXISTS NO EXPRESS GUARANTEES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY ARE WRITTEN OR VERBAL,
BEYOND THIS PRINTED VERSION OF THE LIMITED GUARANTEE. ALL IMPLIED GUARANTEES, INCLUDING – BUT
NOT RESTRICTED TO – GUARANTEES OF COMMERCIAL PRACTICE AND OF SUITABILITY FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, ARE ONLY VALID FOR THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED GUARANTEE. BEYERDYNAMIC IS, TO THE EXTENT THAT AN EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY IS PERMITTED, IN NO INSTANCE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF WHATEVER KIND, INCLUDING – BUT NOT RESTRICTED TO – LOST PROFITS AND ECONOMIC DISADVANTAGES.
In some countries / states the exclusion or limiting of indirect or consequential damages or the limiting of the duration of implicit guarantees is not allowed. In this case the previously mentioned limitations and exclusions do not apply to you.
FCC / IC Regulation
FCC ID: OSDLAGOONANC Canada IC: 3628A-LAGOONANC
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules and with Industry Canada licence- exempt RSS standard(s).
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
- this device may not cause harmful interference, and
- his device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
- Unlock the Groove: A Quick Guide on How to Put Skullcandy in Pairing Mode
- 5 Best Neckband Bluetooth Earphones Under 1500 In India In 2023 (1.5K Rs)
- Why Won’t My Skullcandy Earbuds Charge: Reasons and Solutions
- Are Skullcandy Earbuds Waterproof? [Need to Know]
- Skullcandy Grind True Wireless Earbuds Quick Start Guide