If you are searching for Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Headphones User Manual the you are at the right place. Let’s check this.
Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Headphones User Manual
|Bluetooth Version||V2.1 + EDR (newer versions offer no benefits for headphones)|
|SBC Codec||Customised SBC codec offers high fidelity without needing APT-X|
|Profile||Handsfree v1.6, Headset v1.1, A2DP v1.2 and AVRCP v1.4|
|Effective Range||10 meters (30 feet)|
|Working Time||Music & calls up to 8 hours|
|Standby Time||Up to 250 hours|
|Input Voltage||DC 5V 100mA|
|Charging Time||Approximately 2 hours|
|Dimensions||23 x 13 mm earbud size, 540 mm cord length|
|Weight||Approx 13 g|
|Operating Temp.||-10°C to 50°C|
IN THE BOX
- X2 Bluetooth Headphones
- Jaybird Sport Carry Case
- 3 pairs Silicone Eartips (S,M,L)
- 3 pairs ComplyTM Premium Foam Eartips (S,M,L)
- 3 Pairs Ear Fins (S,M,L)
- 2 Cord Management Clips
- USB Cable
Charging the battery before use is recommended but not required. X2 ships pre-charged however initial charge will vary.
Look for this Bluetooth headset battery status icon top right corner of your iPhone screen to see status of X2 battery.
VOICE PROMPT “BATTERY LOW”
Approx 15 mins prior to empty.
MICRO USB CHARGING
Locate fingernail recess and remove back cover to expose micro USB charge point. 2+ hours for full charge gives 8 hours of playtime. 30 mins charging gives 90 minutes of play time.
- Red: Charging
- Green (with USB cable connected): Charged
- Red+Green Alternating: Pair Mode
- No Light: Standby / Play Mode / Powered Off
ARE THE HEADPHONES ON? IS THE BATTERY LOW?
In Standby* mode, push + or -, watch LED:
- Green = Powered on and well charged
- Red = Low battery
- No Light = Powered off
PAIRING (SETTING UP) HEADPHONES WITH YOUR PHONE / MUSIC DEVICE
- With headphones turned off, & within 1 meter (3 feet) of music device, press & hold center key for more than 4 seconds until you see alternating red/green flashing of the status indicator and a voice prompt saying “Searching for your music device”.
- On your phone/music device, turn Bluetooth on & have it search for Bluetooth devices (see instructions in the phone/music device manual for details).
- Check for “X2” and select (enter passcode 0000 if prompted).
- X2 voice prompt will say “headphones connected”.
- If the pairing is not successful, switch off headphones by pushing the center key for more than 4 seconds and repeat the steps outlined above
PAIRING WITH A BLUETOOTH ADAPTER
- Place headphones and mobile phone within 1 meter (3 feet) of each other.
- Put the headphones into pair mode as outlined on prior page.
- If using BAU Universal Bluetooth Adapter put into pair mode also (see BAU manual).
- Plug the Bluetooth adapter into the music device and play a song.
- The headphones and adapter will pair automatically (passcode of adapter must be 0000).
- After successful pairing and connecting, the headphones will say “Headphones connected”.
PAIRING WITH SEVERAL BLUETOOTH DEVICES THE CARRYING CASE
Paired devices will remember each other unless pairing information is deleted, so there is no need to pair again. X2 can pair and remember 8 phone/music devices. Repeat the steps outlined on prior pages to set-up your headphones with another phone/music device. Note that if a 9th phone/music devices is paired the oldest pairing information is deleted. X2 will connect with the latest connected device. If you want to use another paired phone/music device, switch off the Bluetooth function of the current Bluetooth device, and then connect it with the other phone/music device by selecting “X2” in the Bluetooth device list and press connect. Turn the originally paired device back on to reconnect and switch between either of the devices.
ADDITIONAL CENTER BUTTON CALL COMMANDS
INSIDE THE CARRYING CASE
LEFT & RIGHT ORIENTATION L R
NOTE EARTIPS ANGLE INWARDS (FORWARDS) FOLLOWING DIRECTION OF YOUR EAR CANAL. This means that Left & Right orientation is reversed for over-ear, as explained later.
WHEN WORN UNDER-EAR: Controller is on the RIGHT side
GREAT SOUND PERFORMANCE IS IN SELECTING THE RIGHT SIZE EARTIP
WE LOVE GREAT SOUND. MAKE SURE YOU HEAR IT. Because everyone’s ears are different, be sure to try all sizes of eartips. Only with the right size eartips will you enjoy a snug fit & premium sound quality.
Premium Comply Foam ear tips exclusively designed for Jaybird X2 deliver maximum noise isolation and comfort.
- Slide Comply Foam tip onto X2 speaker housing.
- Compress Comply Foam tip by rolling with fingers.
- Pull ear back. Insert entire foam tip into ear.
- Hold in place 15-30 sec for foam to expand and create a seal.
Secure-Fit: Expands to give you a custom fit and remarkable in-ear retention. Your earbuds remain secure whether you’re in the gym, on the slopes, or on the go.
Soft Comfort: Unique memory foam provides all-day comfort, while eliminating in-ear irritation and fatigue.
Noise Blocking: Allows you to enjoy your music in noisy environments without raising the volume.
Audio Experience: Creates an optimal seal and channels sound directly into the ear canal, transforming your listening experience.
BACK IT UP WITH SECURE FIT EAR FINS.
The earbuds may slip out of your ear a little. You will lose bass when this happens so use the secure fit ear fins to hold them in place for best sound.
INSTALL YOUR PREFERRED SIZED SECURE FIT EAR FINS AS SHOWN.
Fitting / size selection guidance on next two pages.
SLIDE SECURE FIT EAR FINS ALL THE WAY BACK AND COVER LED (don’t worry, LED glows clearly through the ear fin).
LOCK THE TIP OF THE EAR FIN INTO THE TOP OF THE BOWL OF THE EAR AS SHOWN.
You should have a snug fit with contact on the lower, back and top portions of the bowl of the ear.
PAIR (SET UP) HEADPHONES TO YOUR MUSIC DEVICE, PLAY MUSIC, AND TRY EACH SIZE OF EARTIP TO FIND THE BEST FIT AND SOUND PERFORMANCE.
A proper seal is essential for you to fully appreciate the high quality audio of X2.
NEED HELP PAIRING?
Full pairing details pages 29-32.
LEFT & RIGHT ORIENTATION
NOTE EARTIPS ANGLE INWARDS (FORWARDS) & UPWARDS, FOLLOWING THE DIRECTION OF YOUR EAR CANAL.
WHEN WORN OVER-EAR: Controller is on the LEFT side
TAKE YOUR PREFERRED SIZED SECURE FIT EAR FIN AND INSTALL IN REVERSE DIRECTION WITH POINTED END NEXT TO CORD.
IMPORTANT: Check your size preference in under-ear mode first as it can be difficult to tell in overear mode, and may be different to other Jaybird products.
CORD MANAGEMENT CLIPS
- OVER-EAR MODE REQUIRES LESS CORD, SO BEFORE FITTING, INSTALL THE CORD MANAGEMENT CLIPS TO SECURE THE SLACK FOR A CUSTOMIZED FIT.
- MAKE AN “S” SHAPE WITH THE MIDDLE SECTION OF THE CORD.
- INSERT CORD INTO 2 OF THE 3 SLOTS IN EACH CLIP AS SHOWN OMITTING THE FINAL ROUNDED SLOTS.
– Put the headphones on, using index finger to push the tip of the ear fin into place to secure earbuds (a mirror helps the first time).
– With earbuds secured, adjust position of cord managers (pulling too tight will of course dislodge earbuds, keep a little slack).
Take off headphones, insert cord into the final rounded slots, put headphones back on, now you are ready to go!
WARRANTY, CARE & MAINTANCE
Full warranty, care and maintenance details at jaybirdgear.com/warranty +1.866.244.3399
WARNING: Due to the isolating characteristics of these headphones do not use while driving, riding a bike or where vehicular traffic is present, or in any other activity where failure to hear surrounding sounds could be dangerous. Use of these headphones at excessive volumes may cause permanent hearing damage. Always turn the volume down before use. Take caution in regards to inserting objects into ear canal, use at own risk.
Copyright 2012 Jaybird, LLC. All rights reserved. Jaybird, and the Jaybird logo are trademarks of Jaybird, LLC. Bluetooth is a trademark owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. USA, and licensed to Jaybird, LLC. iPhone is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Manufactured under European patent no EP1410607B1 & corresponding foreign patents. Assembled in China.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. Any changes or modifications to device will void the user’s authority to operate the device. The battery is recycled. Do not dispose of the battery in fire, as it may cause explosion.