In this user manual guide, we will review the Shure SRH940 Professional Reference Headphones User Manual. Let’s review this.
Shure SRH940 Professional Reference Headphones User Manual
|Driver Type||Dynamic, Neodymium magnet|
|Driver Size||40 mm|
|Frequency Range||5 – 30,000 Hz|
|Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz)||100 dB/mW|
|Impedance (@ 1 kHz)||42 Ω|
|Maximum Input Power||1000 mW|
|Plug||Gold-plated 1/8” (3.5 mm) stereo plug with threaded 1/4″ (6.3 mm) gold-plated adapter|
|Cable Length/Type||Coiled: 3 meters (9.84 ft) / Detachable, coiled oxygen-free copper|
Straight: 2.5 meters (8.2 ft) / Detachable, straight oxygen-free copper
|Removable Ear Pads||Yes|
|Weight (without cable)||22g (11.4 oz)|
ACCESSORIES AND REPLACEMENT PARTS
|Replacement Ear Pads||HPAEC940|
|Threaded ¼” (6.3 mm) Adapter||HPAQA1|
|Zippered, Hard Travel Case||HPACC1|
|Replacement Coiled Cable Assembly||HPACA1|
|Replacement Straight Cable Assembly||HPASCA1|
|SRH940-SL||SRH940 Professional Reference Headphones, Silver. Includes additional pair of velour ear pads, detachable coiled cable, detachable straight cable, zippered hard travel case, threaded 1/4″ (6.3 mm) gold-plated adapter|
Designed for professional audio engineers and in-studio talent, the SRH940 Reference Headphones from Shure deliver accurate frequency response for tight bass and smooth high-end extension with minimal distortion. The lightweight design folds flat for easy storage and portability, while the padded headband offers superior comfort for extended wear. Two included detachable cables (straight and coiled) and a replacement set of velour ear pads ensure a long product life. Also includes a hard-zippered travel case and a threaded 1/4″ (6.3 mm) gold-plated adapter.
- Accurate frequency response delivers smooth high-end extension with tight bass, and superior transient response for minimal distortion
- Lightweight, ergonomic fit with premium padded headband provide maximum comfort over extended periods
- Closed-back, circumaural design rests comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise
- Folds flat and is adjustable for convenient storage and portability
- Detachable locking cable securely locks cable into ear cup and enables easy replacement
- Legendary Shure quality withstands the rigors of everyday use
- Replaceable velour ear pads included to ensure long product life and maximum comfort
- Two included detachable cables (coiled & straight) provide flexible wearing options and easy replacement
- Zippered, hard travel case protects headphones when on-the-go or in storage
- Includes threaded ¼” (6.3 mm) gold-plated adapter and two-year limited warranty
Also in the Box
- 1 – Threaded ¼” (6.3mm) Gold-Plated Adapter
- 1 – Detachable coiled cable
- 1 – Detachable straight cable
- 1 – Zippered, hard travel case
- 1 – Pair Replacement velour ear pads
Building on 85 years of pro audio experience, the SRH940 Headphones from Shure deliver world-class audio performance, comfort, and durability to professional audio engineers and musicians. Reference-quality frequency response and 40 mm neodymium dynamic drivers combine with total comfort and durability to provide the ultimate listening experience. The replaceable cable and ear cushions ensure a long-lasting lifetime of use.
Care and Maintenance
To clean the headphones, use a soft, damp cloth.
CAUTION: Do not use cleansers that contain solvents. Keep liquid and foreign objects out of the driver openings.
The possible results of incorrect use are marked by one of the two symbols-“WARNING” and “CAUTION”- depending on the imminence of the danger and the severity of the damage.
WARNING: Ignoring these warnings may cause severe injury or death as a result of incorrect operation.
CAUTION: Ignoring these cautions may cause moderate injury or property damage as a result of incorrect operation.
- Never disassemble or modify the device, as failures may result.
- Do not subject to extreme force and do not pull on the cable or failures may result.
- Keep the product dry and avoid exposure to extreme temperatures and humidity.
- If water or other foreign objects enter the inside of the device, fire or electric shock may result.
- Do not attempt to modify this product. Doing so could result in personal injury and/or product failure.
This device is able to produce sound volume higher than 85 dB SPL. Please check your maximum allowed continuous noise exposure level based on your national employment protection requirements.
LISTENING TO AUDIO AT EXCESSIVE VOLUMES CAN CAUSE PERMANENT HEARING DAMAGE. USE AS LOW A VOLUME AS POSSIBLE. Over exposure to excessive sound levels can damage your ears resulting in permanent noise-induced hearing loss (NIHL). Please use the following guidelines established by the Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) on maximum time exposure to sound pressure levels before hearing damage occurs.
|90 dB SPLat 8 hours||95 dB SPLat 4 hours||100 dB SPLat 2 hours||105 dB SPLat 1 hour|
|110 dB SPLat ½ hour||115 dB SPLat 15 minutes||120 dB SPLAvoid or damage may occur|